No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Marquez's win over Pacquiao is greater than any win Floyd has on his resume.

FACT.
    this is true

Comment

Floyd has never defeated a top 50 all time great in his prime.

FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        the poll was from march of 2008 ( if youre talking about the one made by freedom) ..this was when pac was at 130 , prior to moving to 135 and hoya at ww..pac lead that one 71% to floyd's 29%..ive never seen a poll in which floyd won in regards to who's greater..

since that time , pac has done hell of a lot more than floyd so i dont know why he should now be higher given he has'nt done much...
        Dances, I'm talking about my previous poll which is still being tossed about on the front page right now.

Comment

Yes, Pacquiao outranks Mayweather. We know how ATGs are created.

You have to PROVE it. The hard way. Mayweather will be remembered as a significantly talented guy who never had the willingness nor the inclination to truly test himself. That will be his legacy.

Just look at Calzaghe at this point..

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
            Good idea. I never even thought about that. And, to answer your last question: yes. I went on a determined Zab offensive about that fight. Generated a great debate, too.
            Why no one should take anything he says seriously.......

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              Floyd has never defeated a top 50 all time great in his prime.

FACT.
              Neither has Pacquiao. I don't consider Barrera or Marquez quite Top 50, Marquez is close in my opinion though. Morales wasn't in his prime in 2006, past prime-still good. Still a good win for Manny.

Also, yes Marquez beating Pacquiao is greater than any single win Floyd has. But hey....Riddick Bowe beating Evander Holyfield is greater than any single win Larry Holmes has, is Riddick Bowe greater than Larry Holmes??? Hell no

Marquez' resume doesn't have the depth Manny and Floyd have.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                Yes, Pacquiao outranks Mayweather. We know how ATGs are created.

You have to PROVE it. The hard way. Mayweather will be remembered as a significantly talented guy who never had the willingness nor the inclination to truly test himself. That will be his legacy.

Just look at Calzaghe at this point..
                Comparing Floyd's unbeaten record to Joe's is a sick joke....Joe had like 3-4 legit good wins. Floyd has like 4-5 times that many legit and solid wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Comparing Floyd's unbeaten record to Joe's is a sick joke....Joe had like 3-4 legit good wins. Floyd has like 4-5 times that many legit and solid wins.
                  It's not about unbeaten records. It's about fear of failure.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Neither has Pacquiao. I don't consider Barrera or Marquez quite Top 50, Marquez is close in my opinion though. Morales wasn't in his prime in 2006, past prime-still good. Still a good win for Manny.

Also, yes Marquez beating Pacquiao is greater than any single win Floyd has. But hey....Riddick Bowe beating Evander Holyfield is greater than any single win Larry Holmes has, is Riddick Bowe greater than Larry Holmes??? Hell no

Marquez' resume doesn't have the depth Manny and Floyd have.
                    Floyd has not beaten anyone in the top 100 all time greats in his prime.

FACT.

Is that better for you?

If you want to talk strictly resume then no Marquez is not better, in my heart he is because I consider him 3-0-1 against Pacquiao but that's in my heart not on paper.

The subject isn't Marquez though, the subject is Pacquiao over Floyd and there is no debate who the greater fighter is currently. Wins over Guerrero, Canelo, Berto, etc won't change that. Even a win over Martinez is highly debatable.

Pacquiao > Floyd

It's a tough pill to swallow for you I'm sure, but it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      It's not about unbeaten records. It's about fear of failure.
                      Joe didn't fight a legit and good fight until Jeff Lacy in 2006, when he was 34 years old. Everything else before that was against fringe contenders who either were in the Top 10 barely or not at all, or Eubank way past his best.

Floyd fought his first legit big fight when he was 21 against lineal champion Genaro Hernandez.

Floyd has a deep enough resume and anyone with his resume would be considered an ATG, especially with the dominance he's sustained over 14-15 years now. Floyd and Manny both have much deeper resume's than Marquez. I'm not taking anything away from Marquez, his resume isn't quite as good as Manny or Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X