No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Jacobs Recovering Well From Life-Saving Surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Jacobs Recovering Well From Life-Saving Surgery

Danny Jacobs, one of the top young middleweights in the sport, is still dealing with the aftereffects of life-saving surgery he had to remove a cancerous tumor in May, and doesn’t expect to fight again until late 2012, he told BoxingScene.com. Against doctor’s wishes, Jacobs is currently training, and even sparred for the first time since March, against the undefeated pros, Shemuel Pagan and Sadam Ali at Ali's gym in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Jacobs went eight rounds last Wednesday, acquitting himself nicely. [Click Here To Read More]

God bless his soul how epic would it be for him to beat Chavez Jr and get a rematch.with Pirog?

Comment

He has a difficult road ahead but he sounds like he has his head on straight.

I hope he can come back, he has some of that rare talent stuff in him. I was looking forward to seeing how hard he would work to multiply those gifts.

Comment

God bless that man. So many "fans" spit on him after his KO loss to Pirog. We should keep in mind that these guys are human. They train hard, impress with the skills and bravery in that ring. But they can all still lose. However Boxing is only a part of their lives. This shows that there is more to the man behind the gloves.

Comment

Heard about this months ago - best of luck to him. Don't know if he can box again. Apparently, due to the steroids, etc. that he had to take during recovery, he ballooned to nearly 200lbs. Just insane and a reminder how precious life is.

Comment

hopefully he recovers well, good luck bra!!!!!

Comment

i always like jacobs the man

he showed a boatload of class fighting the week of his grandmother's death (against pirog. he was raised by his grandmother. they were very close)

and then a ton more class in the interview after that fight
              apologizing to his family without making any excuses

when he gets back he will have my support
              and if he doesnt box anymore i wish him all the best.

Comment

Wow... I have a deep respect for this guy now. A true fighter in every sense.

Comment

May be part of the reason he did so poorly against Pirog. Who has Pirog beaten since then anyway? Dude has been hiding away in Russia or something.

Comment

Wow. God bless him, I hope he can fully recover and continue his career. Glad he started thinking about his future and investing in it. Have nothing but respect for the guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X