No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Graham on Mayweather-Khan, Ortiz KO, Cortez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Graham on Mayweather-Khan, Ortiz KO, Cortez

Veteran trainer Billy Graham has leapt to the defence of Floyd Mayweather after the media storm that followed Floyd’s fourth round knockout win over Victor Ortiz. Floyd clocked his foe with a perfect one-two during a moment of confusion caused by referee Joe Cortez’s mishandling of Saturday’s encounter at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm surprised to hear that Billy is giving Floyd his due considering that Floyd ruined Billy's undefeated Champion.

Cotto probably felt just like he did at the Gatti fight (sitting next to Hatton) after Hatton was smashed by Floyd. It was too bad Hatton went crazy and fired his entire team to join Mayweather sr..

Good on Billy for keeping a head on his shoulders. It was just too bad Ricky had to go out the way he did. I blame Floyd, he should have NEVER had such hospitality to introduce Hatton to that turn buckle. That was just wrong! Floyd is ruthless!
    Last edited by WESS; 09-23-2011, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Billy Graham is spot on in his assessment. If Floyd didn't retaliate then we would have seen a hundred "Floyd is puss for not retaliating" threads. You want to talk dirty how about Mares low blowing Aqbeko at least twice per round during their fight? How about Queen Arthur's corner spraying water on the canvas so that Dirrel can lose his footing. Then wen he slips to the ground AA lets rip. How about Bradley doing his best to imitate the Unstoppable Juggernaut during his fights. How about Ortiz taking off like a rocket and launching his head at Mayweather to piss of Floyd? Be real I bet you if the same had happened to any of you, worse may have happened in retaliation. Now let's see how long until someone calls Graham a "*****".

Comment

i agree 100% with minister graham. vic was catching clean right counters and check hooks. he was lost and was in for a long beating. all the trainers have nothing but high praise for floyd. and that says a lot. you know putting your fighter in with floyd means a long night. only time will beat floyd. he has to get old like roy jones did in order to get beat. when i watched the floyd vs shane match, floyd hit shane with the same hook, right combo when shane kept trying to touch gloves. and the HBO commentators said that was right and cited the golden rule of protect yourself at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          I'm surprised to hear that Billy is giving Floyd his due considering that Floyd ruined Billy's undefeated Champion. Since Floyd beat him he was never the same.

Cotto probably felt just like he did at the Gatti fight (sitting next to Hatton) after Hatton was smashed by Floyd. It was too bad Hatton went crazy and fired his entire team to join Mayweather sr..

Good on Billy for keeping a head on his shoulders. It was just too bad Ricky had to go out the way he did. I blame Floyd, he should have NEVER had such hospitality to introduce Hatton to that turn buckle. That was just wrong! Floyd is ruthless!
          whats up wess. i agree . hatton fireing his whole team was a silly stunt. i remember when cintron was fighting margarito the 2nd time. he was asked, now that cintron has HOF trainer manny stewart training him was he worried by this. margarito said, it dont matter who trains him. when i hit him he's going to revert back to all his bad habits. thats what happened to hatton. plus the mayweather system is not a simple one. it takes time to get the system down and hatton was so accustom to brawling, trying to make him a boxer at that late stage was not going to work.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
            whats up wess. i agree . hatton fireing his whole team was a silly stunt. i remember when cintron was fighting margarito the 2nd time. he was asked, now that cintron has HOF trainer manny stewart training him was he worried by this. margarito said, it dont matter who trains him. when i hit him he's going to revert back to all his bad habits. thats what happened to hatton. plus the mayweather system is not a simple one. it takes time to get the system down and hatton was so accustom to brawling, trying to make him a boxer at that late stage was not going to work.
            It could have worked if Hatton took a couple of tomato cans to get acclimated. Honestly I thought that Hatton was pressured into retiring too early and probably could have worked his way back to the top. He only had the two losses to the two best fighters out now. He could have dropped back down to 140 and dominated.

Comment

I'm surprised to hear that Billy is giving Floyd his due considering that Floyd ruined Billy's undefeated Champion.

billy's beef is on cortez shackling hatton and allowing floyd to have his way...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                Billy Graham is spot on in his assessment. If Floyd didn't retaliate then we would have seen a hundred "Floyd is puss for not retaliating" threads. You want to talk dirty how about Mares low blowing Aqbeko at least twice per round during their fight? How about Queen Arthur's corner spraying water on the canvas so that Dirrel can lose his footing. Then wen he slips to the ground AA lets rip. How about Bradley doing his best to imitate the Unstoppable Juggernaut during his fights. How about Ortiz taking off like a rocket and launching his head at Mayweather to piss of Floyd? Be real I bet you if the same had happened to any of you, worse may have happened in retaliation. Now let's see how long until someone calls Graham a "*****".
                You are in danger of becoming my favourite poster.

Comment

Billy has always given Floyd his props.

Comment

Love the quotes at the bottom...we'll see wut comments come wen it's all said & done

Comment

Working...
                    X