Cotto vs Mayweather: Possible Rematch in NY on December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
    There's like 5 threads on this already.

And we've already determined that it's a garbage fight, no use for a rematch when Floyd won 10-2
    I agree. It's a money maker but I think only Cotto's many fans want this fight. Most consider it a mismatch and want Floyd to fight someone new.

Comment

No thankyou.

Unless Cotto Vs Pac

Comment

Does anyone honestly believe Cotto would do better the second time?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Does anyone honestly believe Cotto would do better the second time?
          I don't, but it's like people are also oblivious to the fact that Mayweather's options are limited, not many opponents out there. It was still a very entertaining fight, so I'm not at all against the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            I don't, but it's like people are also oblivious to the fact that Mayweather's options are limited, not many opponents out there. It was still a very entertaining fight, so I'm not at all against the rematch.
            He has at least one clear option otherwise though, in Alvarez. I wanted to see Cotto rather than Alvarez earlier this year, well now it's Alvarez's turn. And he could always move back down and take a gimme, someone like Alexander. No matter the circumstances, I don't want to see any rematch of a fight that a guy won as clearly as Floyd did.

I would mention Pacquiao or Martinez, but we know that's not happening, especially not as his first fight out of jail.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              He has at least one clear option otherwise though, in Alvarez. I wanted to see Cotto rather than Alvarez earlier this year, well now it's Alvarez's turn. And he could always move back down and take a gimme, someone like Alexander. No matter the circumstances, I don't want to see any rematch of a fight that a guy won as clearly as Floyd did.

I would mention Pacquiao or Martinez, but we know that's not happening, especially not as his first fight out of jail.
              Oscar himself said they didn't want that fight at this point. Alvarez is definitely looking to step up from the looks of it, but not to an opponent of Cotto, Lara or Mayweather's level, more Kirkland, Williams and Ortiz's, though 2 out of those three are now crossed out.

As for the bold, that isn't likely to happen, a Cotto rematch generates a lot more money and interest. Or maybe he'll face Guerrero after Robert dominates Aydin. He's Mexican, talks crap, so that's likely to go through. From the getgo I've been saying it's gonna be Guerrero or a Cotto rematch.

Comment

Working...
              X