No announcement yet.

Lets say freddie roach does have floyd's number

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    i think the tc asked a very feasible question. i dont personally think it'll get that far, but if it did, Mak gave the right answer. anyone who knows floyd, knows this.
    true but just like life history at times has a chance to repeat itself. Hatton when he get's tired lunges. De La always tires late in fights. Shane trains like he has two gears only has one. Tito and punch but can't box. when Manny get's frustrated he lunges with his left also he can't fight off the back foot. Roach always talks about Habits habits habit taking advantage of habits... well what is floyds habit? He pot shots doesn't open up, when he get's caught he shells up adjusts finds a way to win. Manny when he get's caught he get's desperate and lunges.

Floyd will bring the fight to Pac tests him. If he passes then he will box 'em. if he doesn't manny has no defense fighting off the back foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
      One of Floyd's greatest assets is the ability to adapt and overcome during the fight. Manny has to be very smart, pressure alone will not win against Floyd, he also needs to adapt and overcome.
      Manny runs a one game plan the only variation is in his punches. If floyd makes it a hopkins fight inside manny is S.O.L. Variation is on the side of Floyd any way the fight goes he has been there when things change on manny he get's confused and falls back on his shield his left hand.

Comment

So the gameplan to beat Mayweather is to ensure that he is down 2-4 rounds. ****, I should be a boxing coach.

Comment

poor Frauddy Roach...STILL can't find that Mayweather game plan/blueprint!!

Comment

For many to he better have a Plan A-Z because adjusting is Floyd's BEST quality. If Floyd feels he is loosing trust me he will change what he is doing and adjust so he is landing the cleaner shots.

Comment

Taking a look back at Floyd's career I can believe he doesnt watch a bunch of tapes on his opponents. He does everything well so he makes the gameplan up as he goes. What evers working that night he does it to death. By the 8th 9th round no matter what type of fighter he's fighting may it be a slick fighter brawler or pressure guy, it all ends the same. Them following him around hoping for one good shot thats not coming.

That being said, I give it a go hypothetically. If for some odd reason he's getting his ass kicked in the first 3-4 rounds I expect him to pull out the elbows. He's gonna begin to deflect Pac's punches with them and make the fight rough on the inside. Id expect a lot of those quick uppercuts followed by quite a bit of clinching until Pac tires.......And he will tire. A lot of people say Manny has a full tank for 12 rounds. I beg to differ. I look at the Margarito fight as an example. In the last round Pac wanted a break and Margs wouldnt let him so he was open to clean body shots. Yes he kept throwing punches which makes him special but the biggest sin when fighting Floyd is not running out of gas but letting him see you tire at all. Floyd wont let him take any breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandoernandez View Post
                I think once pac lands his first good punch, Floyd wont be able to adjust.

Marquez said that he didnt feel Pacquiao's punches and Marquez is an old Lightweight + The public think that Marquez beat Pacquiao .

If Pacquiao cant hurt an old Lightweight like Marquez then he cant hurt Mayweather who never been knocked down and is the best defensive boxer in the world .

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  true.

But I think what it all comes down to is Flyod can adjust mid fight Pac just runs the same gameplan as he trained for. When he get's flustered all his fundamentals go out the window! historical fact! Shane mosley fights the same as pac mentally he trains ones way when **** get's crazy he does the same stuff over and over again!
                  True. Similar to what Roach said about Hatton before he fought Pac. All the talk regarding Hatton was that he was changed & was going to use his boxing skills when he fights Pac. But Roach said as soon as he gets tagged; he'll revert to type.

I suppose that's what we've seen with Pac. We haven't seen him make adjustments during a fight, which is one thing in Floyd's favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    true but just like life history at times has a chance to repeat itself. Hatton when he get's tired lunges. De La always tires late in fights. Shane trains like he has two gears only has one. Tito and punch but can't box. when Manny get's frustrated he lunges with his left also he can't fight off the back foot. Roach always talks about Habits habits habit taking advantage of habits... well what is floyds habit? He pot shots doesn't open up, when he get's caught he shells up adjusts finds a way to win. Manny when he get's caught he get's desperate and lunges.

Floyd will bring the fight to Pac tests him. If he passes then he will box 'em. if he doesn't manny has no defense fighting off the back foot.
                    floyd has the tendency to be gun-shy at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by [SyrianUser] View Post
                      Marquez said that he didnt feel Pacquiao's punches and Marquez is an old Lightweight + The public think that Marquez beat Pacquiao .

If Pacquiao cant hurt an old Lightweight like Marquez then he cant hurt Mayweather who never been knocked down and is the best defensive boxer in the world .
                      there's one interview and jmm said pac punch harder than mayweather. try digging it up

Comment

Working...
                      X