Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan To Replace Roach With Emanuel Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan To Replace Roach With Emanuel Steward?

Former champion Amir Khan has continued to discuss the possibility of replacing his current trainer Freddie Roach. Khan is considering a training switch after being stopped out in four rounds by heavy underdog Danny Garcia on July 14th in Las Vegas. Afterwards, Khan complained that he was tired of taking part in joint training camps with other fighters Roach was training. Usually, Roach conducts joint camps with Khan and eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao.

[Click Here To Read More]

sounds like khan is now focused and ready for mayweather! Its funny that it took him this long to realize his defense sucks.

Comment

Good news

It's only right to be perfectly honest. Emanuel Steward is the best trainer for people with suspect chins and good jabs. Amir Khan isn't known for a great jab, but he can easily have one. He has great speed, a long reach. Him and Emanuel can do very well in my opinion. They need to go back to the drawing board. Take a fight, (something easy), opt for a Danny Garcia rematch, and then take a Mayweather fight. It would be foolish if he just opted for the Danny Garcia rematch or worse, fight Floyd. That would end unfavorably for him.

Comment

Originally posted by avnikuka View Post
        It's only right to be perfectly honest. Emanuel Steward is the best trainer for people with suspect chins and good jabs. Amir Khan isn't known for a great jab, but he can easily have one. He has great speed, a long reach. Him and Emanuel can do very well in my opinion. They need to go back to the drawing board. Take a fight, (something easy), opt for a Danny Garcia rematch, and then take a Mayweather fight. It would be foolish if he just opted for the Danny Garcia rematch or worse, fight Floyd. That would end unfavorably for him.
        He's not ever going to get a fight with Floyd. He blew his chances

Comment

It's only right to be perfectly honest. Emanuel Steward is the best trainer for people with suspect chins and good jabs.
          I was thinking the same. He can teach him to cover that chin up more and to utilize a good jab. I think it would be a great fit.

Comment

Steward is a good fit but I'd prob expect a couple of weaker opponents so it gives AK and Steward time to gel together

Comment

after all the hard work freddy put into him this is the payback he gets ? i guess loyalty doesnt mean much in this day and age . but its khans choice , if he feels e stewart is the trainer for him so be it . but i think he is making a mistake , i think khan should go to garcia

Comment

I agree with this... I actually think it's a good fit if Manny can give him 100% focus.

Although it doesn't always work out like it should; i.e. JT.

Comment

i think i like the idea of a more defensive Khan. Steward can help him out a lot in this regard.

Comment

Steward is a terrible trainer for khans style. he needs to learn how to fight on the inside and no fighter steward has ever trained understood how to do that properly.

joe goosen is the man he should be talking too

Comment

Working...
                    X