No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury - Let the Heavyweight Shake Up Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury - Let the Heavyweight Shake Up Begin

By Thomas Gerbasi - “We’re in for a bit of stir up in the heavyweights over the next few years,” said British heavyweight Tyson Fury while in the closing stages of his training camp in Ottawa for Saturday’s matchup with Steve Cunningham, and if you’ve been following the division for the last couple years, you can guess who Fury believes will be leading the charge.

The funny thing is, he’s probably right. And that has little to do with the way he fights, though at 20-0 with 14 KOs, he seems to have that part down, even if he’s still a bit raw around the edges. But what Manchester’s Fury has done better that anyone since countryman David Haye is bring a spark of excitement to a division that’s sorely needed it. And you get the impression that he’s only getting warmed up.

“There’s nobody who’s come, grabbed the division by the balls, and kicked it on its head,” he said. “And that’s where I come in. I’m not all talk; you get these British hype jobs and these European fighters and they can’t really fight. Let’s be real. I’m a realist. If I couldn’t fight, I’d say I can’t fight. If Steve Cunningham gives me a good fight then I can’t fight and I’m not gonna be the super champion that I’m saying I’m gonna be. I like to be real, I don’t want to con anybody and I can fight. I can fight southpaw, orthodox, in close, outwards, upside down – whatever you want to do, I can do. I throw combinations, I punch hard, and I’m an exciting fighter. So here we are, the savior of the heavyweight division.”

At 24, Fury has the brash confidence of youth, even if his body of work doesn’t yet live up to such claims. That’s not to say he’s been fed a steady diet of easy foes. He’s battled British vet John McDermott twice, unbeatens Rich Power, Marcelo Nascimento, Neven Pajkic, and Dereck Chisora, while also handing defeats to Martin Rogan and Kevin Johnson. That’s a resume few heavyweights in the modern era hold after 20 fights, and it’s why he has the confidence to travel across the pond to headline this weekend’s show at The Theater at Madison Square Garden against Cunningham. [Click Here To Read More]

cant wait for this fight.pulling for cunningham but wont be mad if fury wins ,hes funny.

Comment

Yeah, nice article, a bit long in the tooth though. He's still got some more convincing to do in the ring. Buy Fury has the confidence and self belief champions are made of - and he's the REAL deal.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one at the weekend, fully expect Fury to win but the real challange here will be looking good against a small elusive target who will no doubt come to survive

Comment

Two 122 pound guys just had a 1600+ post RBR thread.

Wonder how many this will do?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Yeah, nice article, a bit long in the tooth though. He's still got some more convincing to do in the ring. Buy Fury has the confidence and self belief champions are made of - and he's the REAL deal.
            How do you feel about Fury calling Wlad a glass chin *****?
            And before you say he's selling the fight.. no I met him. He actually literally thinks Wlad is some glass chin *****. He have zero respect for Wladimir or Vitali.
            He have a lot of respect for Lennox, Evander, Tyson,Ali.. Read his quotes.
            Fury is not scared of anyone.. if he don't like someone he will say it. It puzzles me why Fury hates Klitschkos. Tyson Fury also said he will hunt Wladimir down like a 'animal' after he disposes of Cunningham.

Comment

Originally posted by KidGalvain View Post
              How do you feel about Fury calling Wlad a glass chin *****?
              And before you say he's selling the fight.. no I met him. He actually literally thinks Wlad is some glass chin *****. He have zero respect for Wladimir or Vitali.
              He have a lot of respect for Lennox, Evander, Tyson,Ali.. Read his quotes.
              Fury is not scared of anyone.. if he don't like someone he will say it. It puzzles me why Fury hates Klitschkos. Tyson Fury also said he will hunt Wladimir down like a 'animal' after he disposes of Cunningham.
              Fury's been in Klitschko's training camp, I doubt he disrespects them sincerely. Having said that,I'd like to see Fury trying to get under Wlad's skin the way Haye did, to wind him up and get Wlad angry - something we rarely see.

Comment

Fury has a lot of respect for Wlad really, he's just hyping up the fights.

If you listen to a lot of his interviews, you can tell he's actually a nice enough kid and really quite down to earth, unlike Haye who actually belives his own press lol.

Comment

check out the trout pout on fury haha

funny a hell , i wish him all the best

Comment

Neven Pajkic floored this bum with a clean shot and Fury had to have the ref rescue him with a bogus stoppage after Fury repeatedly rabbit punched Pajkic. Even Boxrec notes this on its Fury page.

Vitali and Wlad would murder this guy. He's got no power and is merely big. Like Julius Long is big.

Pulev would wipe the floor with this bum, but Fury will never fight him. For all his big talk, look who he's fighting: little old cruiserweight Steve Cunningham.

All Fury is doing is stealing all of David Haye's old lines from 2010. And you know how that worked out for Haye.

Comment

Working...
                    X