No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Even though Wladimir does most things better than Vitali in terms of boxing, I would still personally rank Vitali higher. Not a lot of people would agree with this I'm sure.

Both brothers somewhere between 15-25 IMO. They do better in head to heads.
    Why?

I can't think of a category where Vitali achieved more than Wlad

Comment

Nearly. I think I would have him somewhere around 11-15. The one big problem is that he and his brother came along at a bad time for heavyweight boxing, really only hitting their stride after the last great heavyweight era had finished with Lewis' retirement. Who knows what they could have achieved against greater fighters. Sadly, we'll never know. Well, actually that's not true. We know that against the best fighter either ever faced, and the one truly great fighter, Vitali got TKO'd.

But I think Wlad is better than Vitali and surely has had a greater career overall and accomplished much more. Excellent fighter, but just doesn't have the resume to be up there with the true greats of the division.
      Last edited by BennyST; 11-01-2012, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
        11-15 based on his accomplishments and his skill.

I wouldn't mind if someone ranked him # 10 but I certainly will never rank him from 1-10.

Vitali is 20-30 IMO.
        Yeah, this is about what I think.

Comment

He is a good fighter, he's just in a terrible era and as a result the competition hasn't been there to make him an ATG.

In boxing you are generally judged by your rivals and those defining fights and I'm afraid that he is just the guy that happens to be sat on top of a steaming pile of ****.

Comment

I think Wladimir is in the top 15, with some more wins he could be in the top 10 it's possible for him to get there. Wladimir is a legend.
            Last edited by Someone88; 11-01-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I have Wlad just inside the top ten.

If he stays active and continues winning for the next few years, defeating some of the new generation of up-and-comers, he'll make it into my top five.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                I have Wlad just inside the top ten.

If he stays active and continues winning for the next few years, defeating some of the new generation of up-and-comers, he'll make it into my top five.
                Just out of interest who is in your current top 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
                  Just out of interest who is in your current top 5?
                  Probably Louis, Ali, Marciano, Langford and Lewis are the top 5.

But I'm no expert on boxing history.

Comment

Not in the 10 but fairly close to it.

I do have an issue with people saying ridiculous things like he only beat bums but then in the very next sentence say that Tyson is in the top 10 or even 5 and act like that’s an undeniable fact the hypocrisy is laughable.

This is why Tyson is the most overrated fighter of all time people really bought into the media hype “baddest man on the planet bull ****” yet his best wins where against a 50 year old fat Larry Holmes and light heavyweight Micheal Spinx.

Wlad has beaten better fighters and been much more consistent through his career but you dare suggest he ranks higher as an ATG people will act like you have gone insane. Just goes to show how easy it is for the media to bend the minds of the weak.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Even though Wladimir does most things better than Vitali in terms of boxing, I would still personally rank Vitali higher. Not a lot of people would agree with this I'm sure.

Both brothers somewhere between 15-25 IMO. They do better in head to heads.
                      How can you rank Vitali higher??his resume is much weaker and he hasnt even accomplished half of what Wladamir has.

Comment

Working...
                      X