Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Ward anyone ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of when the Jones-Toney hype started. Jones-Toney was being discussed as early as the Glenn Wolfe fight, before Jones had even beaten Toney.

The marinating has begun.

Let Golovkin win the Middleweight title (the real one, not that hollow strap he has) and then the hype can get realistic. I could see this being a hot fight by the end of 2013 or into 14 if Ward doesn't go to 75.

Comment

Id like to see Genady actually accomplish something relevant in the sport before we start talking about him fighting a guy like Ward.

Comment

No. He was impressive against Proska but lets leave it at that for now. Let him establlish himself as the #1 guy at 160 before you ask him to fight at 168. The division is loaded and there are plenty of better fights for him at MW than Andre Ward.

Look at all the people complaining about Ward pulling Dawson down to 168. If he dominates GGG the complaining will turn into fighting a fat blown up middleweight.

This fight does nothing for Ward's career and would be damaging to GGG's career.

Comment

At 160 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            This reminds me of when the Jones-Toney hype started. Jones-Toney was being discussed as early as the Glenn Wolfe fight, before Jones had even beaten Toney.

The marinating has begun.

Let Golovkin win the Middleweight title (the real one, not that hollow strap he has) and then the hype can get realistic. I could see this being a hot fight by the end of 2013 or into 14 if Ward doesn't go to 75.
            Difficult to do when N'jikam and Sturm duck you. How likely do you think it is that Geale, Martinez or Chavez fight him either?

I agree with you and don't think Ward and GGG should fight in the near future but that's also a convenient excuse when the other belts holders vacate or refuse to fight him. If Geale fights Soliman instead then Golovkin will have unified the WBA Titles by N'jikam, Sturm and Geale all refusing to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Monkey View Post
              Golovkin has said he would fight anyone at 168lb
              Sure... sign the contract.

Comment

The God of War must destroy, damage, and end a few more people so this fight can get bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  be serious. i like golovkin and i think hes a legend in the making but as of right now he hasnt done anything to deserve a shot at ward even if they were in the same division.

beating golovkin does very little if anything for ward at this point, ppl say he looks for advantages but fighting someone with golovkins pro experience would be the worst case yet. as talented as golovkin is and as bright a future as he has fighting ward at this point would be a mismatch. it could potentially be a great fight in a few years though.
                  You do realize Golovkin is already 30 years of age right? Physically it's gonna be downhill from now on for him. Ward is still getting stronger as the much younger fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                    You do realize Golovkin is already 30 years of age right? Physically it's gonna be downhill from now on for him. Ward is still getting stronger as the much younger fighter.
                    lulz Ward is two years younger and has way more wear and tear on him in his pro career. You make it sound like Golovkin is Martinez.

Comment

Its all about the right money! I watched both men for the first time this week and it seems they are the cream of the crop with tons of amatuer backing and a willingness to fight the best opposition availble. I think it could be a great bout! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X