No announcement yet.

losing weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing weight?

hi , I have my 3rd fight in just over 2 weeks and I needs to lose about 2-3 kg. I weigh around 71-72kg(155-157lbs) and need to get down to under 69kg(151). I weigh in on day of fight so want to cut as little as possible. I am dieting but finding it hard to lose weight as I have low body fat . I am about 6,'1. I will lose the weight regardless just seeing if you guys have any tips. thanks

run alot and if you have a sauna nearby use it everyday. also the day before the fight dont drink any water. I walk around 160 lbs when im not training but I fight at 123 lbs. Thats almost 40 pounds that i lose to fight.

Comment

have a spa which I use to drop weight but if is there any point losing water now? as won't I put it back on once I drink water?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by franga View Post
        have a spa which I use to drop weight but if is there any point losing water now? as won't I put it back on once I drink water?

yea the deal is to lose the extra water weight and just drink enough to stay hydrated. Personally i just take small sips of gatorade when im trying to make weight. Just dont drink too much water the days before the weigh-in. lose more water than you drink.

Comment

Dehydrating yourself is not very smart. To lose weight you need to create a calorie deficit, in other words you need to burn more than what you take in. Cut back on desserts, sodas and other empty high calorie foods/beverages.

Running, both distance and sprints, will aid your fat loss goals along with the most underrated and overlooked factor:SLEEP!!

Comment

Originally posted by USAFBoxer View Post
            run alot and if you have a sauna nearby use it everyday. also the day before the fight dont drink any water. I walk around 160 lbs when im not training but I fight at 123 lbs. Thats almost 40 pounds that i lose to fight.
            How old are you and what's your height? Cutting 40 lbs. isn't ideal at all for competing, it's setting up health risks later on. At least try keeping within 10-15 pounds of your fight weight.

Comment

I always eat pretty good but now I am cutting out anything with fat/sugar. and watching the carbs a bit. for breakfast I might eats a bowl of oats. or 2 bits of toast with peanut butter. then I have a meal at 10 am which is a small turkey/ Salas wrap and a piece of fruit and yoghurt and maybe a couple of nuts. then at 1 I have through same again minus the yoghurt then for dinner I will have an omelette or some fish/chicken. and that's all I'm eating. plus Im drinking alot of green tea.
              I'm training and doing cardio every day so hopefully I'll lose a couple of pounds in a week or two

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                How old are you and what's your height? Cutting 40 lbs. isn't ideal at all for competing, it's setting up health risks later on. At least try keeping within 10-15 pounds of your fight weight.
                Im 5'9 22 yrs old. yea i know its not healthy but i had to do it for a tournament, i won, but i felt very weak. Im moving up to 132 or possibly 141 because like you said i feel much better at those weights.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFBoxer View Post
                  Im 5'9 22 yrs old. yea i know its not healthy but i had to do it for a tournament, i won, but i felt very weak. Im moving up to 132 or possibly 141 because like you said i feel much better at those weights.
                  Congratulations on winning the tourney, man. But yeah, definitely try '32 and '41. You'll feel a lot better, have more energy, and carry more pop at those weights. Good job, though, keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X