Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Ward beating Dawson at 168 was a lose, lose situation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when the weigh-in pics came out everyone on here was saying how dawson DIDNT look drained and how he looked so strong, in shape etc.

Comment

No excuses. Especially people who said Ward would get his ass beat.

Comment

I have just watched the fight, I thought Chad faught a great fight, he was much more aggressive then in the Pascal fight, he also look VERY fysical strong.

Comparing that to skin and bone zombi-ghost Oscar de la hoya is just bizzar

Ward was just better, he beat chad the hard way, not by lucky punch or a handpicked apponet with surthen defects that you can explode, NO he was just better.
        Chad gave up because he feelt that there was no way in hell I am gonna win this fight, and he was beaten up

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          There was a couple points in the fight where Dawson was in an advantageous position, and he refused to let his hands go. All I could think was, "that's the Dawson I expected". The weight didn't change his calm/almost lazy in-ring demeanor, it probably just exacerbated his negative traits.
          it probably didnt help him take the punches, either, but the weight wasnt the only reason he didn't theow, as you allueded to

that's dawson 101. If Only

he had faster hands than ward
          in the first round he was keeping him at range.

the going go tough when ward started to take the risks, and dawson folded.

was chad effected by the weight?
          of course. he's a big LHW and he's been fighting there for years now.

was it was caused him to lose?
          nah, and if you they that's the only reason he lost, then they're haters.

Comment

Of course Chad was severely weight drained and that had huge consequences in the fight. Dawson could never beat Ward, on any given day, but no way in hell does a 100% Dawson lose by stoppage. Christ, Dawson gassed in the second round and was being hurt by a feather fisted fighter. It wasn't a fair fight no matter what way you cut it.

I suppose draining your opponents is only ok if Mayweather or Ward do it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              a huge portion of the people on bscene are here to hate

those who act like the weight was the only difference between the two fighters have not seen dawson fight for long

he never pulls the trigger when he needs to, whether he struggled as 168 or not. he couldnt keep ward far away enough to keep him from landing the left hook, which was the difference in the fight.
              I agree. I hate Ward. I can't stand that stupid SOG stuff.
              How somebody could think they are Jesus and have the nerve to Capitalize the o in of drives me crazy. And the hugging and headbutts suck too. And he's always fighting in Oakland.
              See the world for once, Andre.

I hate Dawson too, but to a lesser degree because he's fairly quiet in and outside the ring. He actually sometimes thinks he's a puncher so he doesn't throw his jab which is pretty good.
              But overall he's a passive guy, easy to hate.

So I have to make excuses for the guy I hate less.

Like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                Of course Chad was severely weight drained and that had huge consequences in the fight. Dawson could never beat Ward, on any given day, but no way in hell does a 100% Dawson lose by stoppage. Christ, Dawson gassed in the second round and was being hurt by a feather fisted fighter. It wasn't a fair fight no matter what way you cut it.

How did Andre drain Dawson? He wanted the fight there. He didnt have to take it. No one cared for it. Yet he insisted. Then he stepped on the scales and everyone was saying how great he look...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

That was not feather fisted punches, Ward is coming into his prime and he landed soo many good hard punches that anyone would be in trouble.

Chad is not not used to fight at this tempo, but besides that I dont think he looked gassed at all.

Infact i think your whole post is BS and you cant possible mean what you said

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    How did Andre drain Dawson? He wanted the fight there. He didnt have to take it. No one cared for it. Yet he insisted. Then he stepped on the scales and everyone was saying how great he look...lol.

His promoters suck. He gets half the money and has to lose 7 pounds.

I wonder if 600k was a big purse for him. I bet he's gotten more in the past.

Whatever though. People do far worse things for 6k let alone 600k.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      Yes

End of the day, to answer your points

had ward fought chad at a catchweight of about 171-172 and won, then he would have gotten more credit

had ward fought chad at 175, then he would have gotten more credit

quite a few people said Dawson looked like a skeleton before the first bell rang, he had no sharpness

Ward would have won either way as he is an excellent fighter, you need lightening sharpness to beat him and only one man has it at 168, too bad he is trying to make a career in hollywood at the moment (dirrell)
                      No, if Ward moves to 175 and loses, then you guys say Chad beat a bloated Ward who wasn't effective at 175.

If they fight at a catchweight, whoever loses the fight, you guys say he was either drained (Dawson) or overweight (Ward).

No win situation. The only way you guys don't complain is if Dawson had already been fighting at 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X