Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Still Feels Tim Bradley is a Dirty Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Still Feels Tim Bradley is a Dirty Fighter

Last Saturday night in Mexico City, Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39KOs) captured the WBO's interim-title at 140-pounds with a twelve round unanimous decision over Ukrainian boxer Sergey Fedchenko. Now Marquez wants to secure the WBO's "full title," which is currently held by Timothy Bradley (28-0, 12KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Stay away from Bradley. Peterson is taylor made for JMM. Thats who I would go after if I was JMM assuming Peterson gets past Khan.
    Last edited by leonthegee; 04-17-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

nacho is right!!!!!!!!!!!!! and anyone with 2 eyes can see timmy is a dirty fighter !!!!!!!!!

Comment

[B]Marquez tainer still thinks Bradley is a dirty fighter?[/B] Were you specting that to change from last time he said it? about 2 moths ago....lol

Comment

JMM and his trainer are just scared of Bradley. Bradley is becoming the number one PFP fighter in the world. He reminds me of a cross between Marvin Hagler and Rocky Lockridge.

Bradley is not a dirty fighter and is certainly not the one who causes the head butts.

For instance, when Bradley fought Alexander, it was Alexander who caused the butt. Look at the replay, Alexander was trying to grab Bradley and Bradley was trying to throw a punch when the butt occurred.

They say Bradley leads with his head, but how else can a short power puncher throw punches? That's just his style, so don't try to grab him or your face will run into the top of his head. It's that simple. Don't try to grab him.

Elbows? That just goes back to Floyd Mayweather, who got it from Archie Moore. He doesn't throw the elbow, he blocks punches with the left forearm by raising the elbow and rolling his shoulder to cover his face. It works great with southpaws to stop their jabs.

Anyway, after Bradly KO's Pacman, JMM will have to drink a lot more pee before he has the courage to step in the ring with Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
            JMM and his trainer are just scared of Bradley. Bradley is becoming the number one PFP fighter in the world. He reminds me of a cross between Marvin Hagler and Rocky Lockridge.

Bradley is not a dirty fighter and is certainly not the one who causes the head butts.

For instance, when Bradley fought Alexander, it was Alexander who caused the butt. Look at the replay, Alexander was trying to grab Bradley and Bradley was trying to throw a punch when the butt occurred.

They say Bradley leads with his head, but how else can a short power puncher throw punches? That's just his style, so don't try to grab him or your face will run into the top of his head. It's that simple. Don't try to grab him.

Elbows? That just goes back to Floyd Mayweather, who got it from Archie Moore. He doesn't throw the elbow, he blocks punches with the left forearm by raising the elbow and rolling his shoulder to cover his face. It works great with southpaws to stop their jabs.

Anyway, after Bradly KO's Pacman, JMM will have to drink a lot more pee before he has the courage to step in the ring with Brad.

Comment

Yea I agree with you the whole world is to blame but Bradley.....lol the other boxers look desperatly to get injured vs Bradley....wow!!!! the things you read in this Forum.

Comment

Bradley has all the skills in boxing except for one: The ablilty to throw punches.

Comment

I don't think Nacho and Marquez are afraid of Bradley because they can handle his pressure just like they did with Manny. The only issue here is Marquez is getting older and slower but who knows, maybe he can get himself in the same or better shape as in the last Pacquiao fight.

Comment

You just compared him to two guys with enormous power--Hagler and Lockridge. I just don't see the comparison. Hagler was also content to box very often in fights, not push the action. He was also essentially ambidexterous and would switch back and forth during fights effortlessly and unconsciously. Lockridge was just brutal with his power. Ask Roger Mayweather who he knocked out in about 90 seconds.

I don't think Bradley's use of elbows is the real issue, but his head is. He uses it very much like Evander Holyfield used his. While he might have a very sound argument why it is just his style, it is inherently dangerous no matter how you slice it. while his position is that he's not dirty because there is no bad intent, I'd argue that refusing to alter a style that is almost certain to cause accidental butts and fouls is in itself bad intent (reckless disregard). It is not like this is the only style he could employ. His reach is above average in the weightclasses he fights. In fact, he has a two inch reach advantage on both Pacquiao and Marquez. He's also very quick of foot and hand. There are lots of things he could do other than lead with his head to force his way in side.

Comment

Working...
                    X