No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis Could Test Klitschko, Says Romanchuk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis Could Test Klitschko, Says Romanchuk

Top Russian amateur Roman Romanchuk is giving Odlanier Solis a chance to make things very difficult for WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko on March 19 in Germany. He fought Solis a few times in the amateurs. Romanchuk found him to be a formidable opponent, but said his lack of training is hurting his career in the pros.

[Click Here To Read More]

He's right.

Odlanier has elite boxing skills. If he went down to 230 pounds, he'd be a formidable opponent for any heavyweight.

But at 260 pounds he has virtually no chance of winning, despite being about ten years younger than Vitali, who turns 40 in July.

Comment

I could win the lottery but it's VERY unlikely.

Comment

I don't think Vitali's jab is going to be able to get through. Solis is a master at blocking the jab and I think it's going to neutralize Vitali and he'll get a few good shots in. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Solis won this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
          I don't think Vitali's jab is going to be able to get through. Solis is a master at blocking the jab and I think it's going to neutralize Vitali and he'll get a few good shots in. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Solis won this fight.

Thanks for the laugh.

Solis couldn't even put away a shot Ray Austin, staggering around like a drunk because he gassed after ONE early flurry.

And Solis insists that he is in "good shape" and that Vitali is "nothing special."

You might say Solis is DELUSIONAL.

This ain't Ray Austin, it's VITALI KLITSCHKO, for crissake. Only one of the toughest heavyweights in the history of boxing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Solis ends up in Briggs's old hospital bed.

Comment

Briggs? Are you implying that Klit isn't going to be able to knock out Solis either?

Comment

Odlanier's amateur record looks impressive, but this was a long time ago... The 2011 version of Solis is slow, when he fought in the amateurs he was quick moving around the opponnent, attacking from different angles. If he would do that today he would be gassed after three minutes. The 'PRO' version of Solis actually lacks the professionalism and ambition he showed as an amateur fighter. I can only encourage people to watch his old fights and compare it to his 260+ appearances vs Drummond and Austin... it is ridicoulous... Klitschko will win and be the faster, stronger boxer with more stamina despite a 10 year age advantage for Solis

Comment

Yes, he's going to neutralize Vitali like he did Ray Austin

Comment

Originally posted by makeMeSushiRoll View Post
                  Odlanier's amateur record looks impressive, but this was a long time ago... The 2011 version of Solis is slow, when he fought in the amateurs he was quick moving around the opponnent, attacking from different angles. If he would do that today he would be gassed after three minutes. The 'PRO' version of Solis actually lacks the professionalism and ambition he showed as an amateur fighter. I can only encourage people to watch his old fights and compare it to his 260+ appearances vs Drummond and Austin... it is ridicoulous... Klitschko will win and be the faster, stronger boxer with more stamina despite a 10 year age advantage for Solis
                  Oh well, Solis will always have his blinged-out Spongebob to help him get over it.

Comment

Except that Vitali doesn't rely on his jab as his primary means of offense the way his brother does. Vit leads with the left hook a lot, throws many more right hands and even throws some uppercuts once in a while. It should be interesting, but Solis is going to have to come in a lot more motivated than his last fight, to be so.

Comment

Working...
                    X