Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Men and Women ever really be just friends?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Men and Women ever really be just friends?

I was thinking about the famous dialog from the movie "When Harry Met Sally" where Harry tells Sally that they can never be friends because "the sex part always gets in the way."

Do you think this is true. For men, do you have women friends who are just friends and whom you have never once thought about getting in her pants?

I admit for the longest time I never had a true female friend who I wasn't secretly hoping to someday bang.

Recently that has changed and I now have a very few female friends who I do not feel this way about. However, I think it's only because they are unattractive.

How about you ladies? I suspect that most women think they have male friends. But do you secretly harbor fantasies about your male friends? Do you suspect that they have similar fantasies about you?

And what if you have sex with a "friend". Does it completely screw up the friendship moving forward?
    Last edited by BBKing; 07-12-2006, 02:20 PM.

Originally posted by BBKing
    I was thinking about the famous dialog from the movie "When Harry Met Sally" where Harry tells Sally that they can never be friends because "the sex part always gets in the way."

Do you think this is true. For men, do you have women friends who are just friends and whom you have never once thought about getting in her pants?

I admit for the longest time I never had a true female friend who I wasn't secretly hoping to someday bang.

Recently that has changed and I now have a very few female friends who I do not feel this way about. However, I think it's only because they are unattractive.

How about you ladies? I suspect that most women think they have male friends. But do you secretly harbor fantasies about your male friends? Do you suspect that they have similar fantasies about you?

And what if you have sex with a "friend". Does it completely screw up the friendship moving forward?
    ok...friendhip is possible if both parties are not attracted to each other at all. if one is attracted and the other isn't (which i have been in), it makes it very hard. you can be friends but maybe not good friends or hang out on a regular basis. guilt and jealousy always get in the way.

now can firends have sex and still be friends?
    dpends on the personalities, for the most aprt, i say no because ultimately it just changes things. if one no longer wants to have sex because they are now in a relationship and the other person isn't, again it leads to jealousy and guilt. i tend to think that sex buddies type friends can exist if they aren;t really friends, just someone you can call for sex and vice versa. if you are both cool with a casual set-up like that.
    keep in mind that a fair amount of women say they are cool with it when in reality they are hoping that they're sexual skills will make you want more than just a casual thing. secretly they generally want more.

Comment

Absolutely.

Straight women and gay men can be fantastic friends.

Comment

Being impotent helps.

But i say yes, men women can be friends.
        I have a very attractive lady friend who is just like a family member or somthing.
        I cant flirt with her at all, it just doesnt happen.

Comment

It's easy for me to be friends with a girl I am not attracted to. On the other hand, I've never been able to maintain a friendship for a long period with a girl that I am attracted to. It's just been too difficult, especially when we're "just friends" and another guy gets involved.

Comment

Originally posted by jason100x
            It's easy for me to be friends with a girl I am not attracted to. On the other hand, I've never been able to maintain a friendship for a long period with a girl that I am attracted to. It's just been too difficult, especially when we're "just friends" and another guy gets involved.
            exactly.

Comment

It is possible. One of my best friends (other than my wife) is a woman. She used to date my best friend years ago and through an odd set of circumstances and commonality we ended up bering real close. I'll admit I was starting to develope a crush on her; but thankfully she met her husband to be before the crush solidified enough for me to break my rule about dating a friend's ex. AS a resul we all became the three amigos; and now her husband and I talk almost as much as she and I do and have actually engaged in business together on a couple of occassions.

The key to me, hard as it is, is to not think of a girl friend as a "woman", per say, if you can help it. LOL!!! I used to give "Babs" a damn hard time whenever she dressed up...."What the hell are you trying to do to me?!.....DEAD PUPPIES!! DEAD PUPPIES!!"

All kidding aside, having a woman as a friend is an extremely valuable asset to helping one achieve personal growth; but in most cases one or the other needs to be "taken", so to speak, to avoid any "further entanglements" which could ruin a great friendship.

...at least that's my experience seeing as how I had two other "friendships" that went to hell in a handbasket. If "Babs" hadn't been my best friend's ex, I might have been more tempted to repeat the same mistake....what a loss that would have been. She's still tops with me; and her husband's one of the cooler people and friends I've ever had also.

Comment

i think it all depends really. for me, yeah, i have a few girls that im very close with who, while im attracted to them, wouldnt touch. i just think itd be weird, and i probably wouldnt be able to go through with it.

Comment

Nope, UNLESS the girl that would be my friend is super ugly (Sorry, I know that sounds superficial). I still don't think it's possible. I secretly want to bang all my lady friends. But then again, I'm a ****in' horndog.

Comment

Friends are just chicks you haven't ****ed yet. I'm going to dig through an old thread I made where I made a well pointed out rant about this topic...

Comment

Working...
                    X