No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Has Other Options if He Rejects Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Has Other Options if He Rejects Manny Pacquiao

Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs), 39-years-old, will have other options available to him if he decides to take a pass on a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38KOs). Last December in Las Vegas, Marquez knocked Pacquiao out in the sixth round. Marquez recently had a meeting in Mexico with Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum. Marquez was presented with alternative opportunities, if he decides to reject Pacquiao. During a few interviews over the past month, Marquez stated that he saw no reason for a fifth fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nice try Bob The Great Arum!

Comment

use your damn head marquez..you are 39, take the 10-12m, your biggest every payday, maybe even more to fight pac, no point fighting guys for a couple of million, especially at a weight you are not really comfortable with

either that, or take some easy fights in mexico and then retire

Comment

I really, really hope Marquez is just playing with Arum and is going to retire regardless.

That would be beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          I really, really hope Marquez is just playing with Arum and is going to retire regardless.

That would be beautiful.
          "It's just business" Marquez is the man in charge now.

Comment

Marquez is holding all the cards. He chooses not to fight pac, it ends the series on a marquez win. However, some may look at it as Pacquiao never needed to do the fourth fight. I think a fifth fight makes sense and its game over for pac man is he loses. That said, Id love Marquez to shut Bradley up. His counter punching style is perfect to KO Bradley. Bradley is overrated. Fact.

Comment

id rather him fight all those guys instead of pac man. maybe im the minority and it has nothing to do with me being afraid hell lose cause i think he beats pac man again easier than he would few those names

Comment

As much as I'd like to see Marquez-Bradley, I don't want to see a Marquez loss at this point, and that's what would happen. Brandon Rios would be easy money though.

Comment

Sure...lol

Comment

Everybody must be in denial on this forum lol the whole boxing world knows Marquez is a cheat and nothing but full of PEDs. He fought Manny last 2 times juiced up in particular the last time, even Barrera recently hinted at that along with many others. Marquez will fight any of the names who won't make him take the Olympic drug test. Marquez hasn't even got balls the ask Floyd for a rematch for the very same reason....

Comment

Working...
                    X