No announcement yet.

Bob Arum snorted crack and told security guards to shoot into the crowd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum snorted crack and told security guards to shoot into the crowd

Great article on Arum's history as a promoter.

Everything was going great until the day before Knievel's jump, when vendors abruptly raised the price of beer. The crowd of more than 15,000 that had gathered near the canyon's rim became unruly. Stands were looted, and people charged the television trucks. Alarmed, Arum assigned two Native Americans working on his staff to serve as scouts -- yes, scouts -- to bring back reports of what was going on in the crowd.

As the unrest increased, so did Arum's uneasiness. Finally, at 3 a.m., Arum had seen enough. He went into one of the trailers organizers had parked on the site and, he says, snorted a small packet of cocaine. When he emerged, he says, he ordered his security staff, already armed with handguns, to shoot into the crowd. "Thank God they didn't listen to me," says Arum. "My life might have turned out totally different."

Of course, different is just the word to describe Arum's life. This is a man, after all, who felt the need to be smuggled out of Germany and into Switzerland after the Ali-Richard Dunn fight in Munich in 1976 to avoid a lawsuit. This is a man who says he once partied with Ali in Mexico and watched as the boxer took six women up to his room while Arum took one. A few hours later, Arum says, Ali's adviser, John Ali, came to his door and said Muhammad wanted his girl, too. This, finally, is a man who married his second wife, Sybil, because he read Shogun and "decided I wanted to marry a Japanese broad."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2EDhYinH4

scumbag promoter

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Great article on Arum's history as a promoter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2EDhYinH4
      now thats f u c k i n g awesome

Comment

i really don't see the difference between arum & this guy

Comment

you cant snort crack..... It says coke in the article too btw

Comment

That's fuking hilarious and amazing.

Comment

This is a man who says he once partied with Ali in Mexico and watched as the boxer took six women up to his room while Arum took one. A few hours later, Arum says, Ali's adviser, John Ali, came to his door and said Muhammad wanted his girl, too.
              lmao.............

Comment

I don't know anything about drugs, never used any of it despite being raised in around people who sell it/used it. But I thought you snort cocaine and smoke crack; not snort crack?

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                  you cant snort crack..... It says coke in the article too btw
                  Lol ok, I thought so. I mean I don't know sh-t about drugs, but I know that much. You can't snort crack.

Comment

arum got nothing on keith richards.
                    keith richards once snorted his father ashes when he ran out of cocaine

Comment

Working...
                    X