Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cottos guard vulnerable for violent upper cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cottos guard vulnerable for violent upper cuts?

Something about his guard that always made me question why nobody utilizes the uppercut on cotto he keeps his head low in the pocket and his shell defense always appears that hes looking down ...zab judah was pretty successful and exposing that in the early fight and opening that gash in cottos mouth...thinking about it i think some one like saul alvaez might have a great shot at defeating cotto if they meet ..because hes one of the only guys who executes a pretty powerful upper cut with inside combination if he can counter of cottos parry..

Just a thought

yeah he needs to stand up straighter so his chin isn't hanging out there to uppercutted, which to be fair steward was trying to get him to do when they worked together.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
      yeah he needs to stand up straighter so his chin isn't hanging out there to uppercutted, which to be fair steward was trying to get him to do when they worked together.
      yea i remember watching the vids..he did pretty well at boxing mayorga and correct me if im wrong steward was his trainer against the jewish kid at yankee stadium but he didnt look great at all in the yankee stadium fight ..cottos new trainer suites him well but that chin and guard with his head down is really vulnerable especially against a towering margarito im surprised he didnt let off any inside upper cuts when they were standing in the pocket for some short exchanges

Comment

Working...
      X