No announcement yet.

Training with a cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training with a cold

The last few days I've been really bunged up with a cold, snotty nose, sneezing, headaches the works. With this I haven't really done as much training as usual, firstly because I don't feel up to it but secondly because I always hear that training with a cold can cause problems health wise.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the disadvantages of training with a cold are and what health problems it can cause.

Thanks in advance,
    Ell

Originally posted by Ell View Post
    The last few days I've been really bunged up with a cold, snotty nose, sneezing, headaches the works. With this I haven't really done as much training as usual, firstly because I don't feel up to it but secondly because I always hear that training with a cold can cause problems health wise.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the disadvantages of training with a cold are and what health problems it can cause.

Thanks in advance,
    Ell
    It wouldn't so much disadvantage ya but it will cause your breathing to become harder. But if I was you I would lay off the roadwork a bit or wrap up well. With a cold you won't be able to function to your best and by pushing yourself harder could cause injury. If I was you i'd lay off for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
      It wouldn't so much disadvantage ya but it will cause your breathing to become harder. But if I was you I would lay off the roadwork a bit or wrap up well. With a cold you won't be able to function to your best and by pushing yourself harder could cause injury. If I was you i'd lay off for a week.
      Yes that's what I'm planning to do, a week or however long it takes me to get back to at least 95%. I'm going to keep doing low rep stuff, press ups, crunches, chin ups etc. but nothing too strenuous.

Comment

Yeah I would take a week off of the intense training. I've had a week for about 2 weeks now, and it hasn't fully gone away because I've done intense training during those 2 weeks. It's hard for me to just take it easy because I'm the type of person that thinks all will go down the ****ter if I take it easy for more than 1 day.

Comment

Yea basically what they said. Pushups, situps, etc. is best no reason to train if your not healthy.

Comment

never train with a cold.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
              Yeah I would take a week off of the intense training. I've had a week for about 2 weeks now, and it hasn't fully gone away because I've done intense training during those 2 weeks. It's hard for me to just take it easy because I'm the type of person that thinks all will go down the ****ter if I take it easy for more than 1 day.
              exactly. same with me
              Last edited by lilaznjoker; 02-09-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moin126 View Post
                never train with a cold.
                Care to ellaborate on that answer?

Comment

Originally posted by moin126 View Post
                  never train with a cold.
                  wrong...

You should never over exhert yourself...

Go on a treadmill for a half an hour or so, set the incline up and walk it to get a nice sweat going. Good for body to sweat out toxins when sick, bad to over exhert yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X