Comments Thread For: Retirement Put on Hold, Mosley Looks to Return to Form

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Retirement Put on Hold, Mosley Looks to Return to Form

By Thomas Gerbasi - “I just want to fight healthy.”

From the mouths of some, there would be a pleading element to the above statement, a desire to say ‘hey, give me one more shot.’ But when Shane Mosley says it, it’s as if he’s given up on trying to convince the world that he wasn’t at his best in the last four years, that what some call excuses were only reasons, reasons that will make all the sense in the world when he makes his return to the ring Saturday night in Cancun against Pablo Cesar Cano.

It’s been slightly over a year since Mosley was last seen in a boxing ring, losing a lopsided 12 round decision to Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. To say it was the best Mosley looked since his 2009 stoppage of Antonio Margarito would probably be accurate, but that’s more an indictment of how bad he was in losing to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao and drawing with Sergio Mora than for anything he did positively against “Canelo.”

By the end of the bout, fans and media called for Mosley’s retirement, and the three division champion granted their wish, walking away from the sport last June.

“It was really difficult to walk away, knowing that I could do better in my fights,” said Mosley, who left on his own terms, but also with the nagging sense that it wasn’t the way he wanted to leave. For him, his twilight years in the sport were supposed to be filled with fights against the best in the world – and they were – but if he didn’t win he was supposed to go out in a blaze of glory, not with three judges’ rendering his fate. [Click Here To Read More]

Mosley almost had me believing again. All the reasons why he decided to come back were inspiring. I almost bought it. Until, he said, "I can go a few more years".

Comment

War Mosley.

One of my all time favorites since I was a kid, he always has me buying his wolf tickets haha. I don't see why everyone calls for people to retire after they start slipping, they just need to adjust the level they fight at. The beauty of boxing though is on any given night, no matter how little time is left in the fight, you can lose at any second. You just never know, War Mosley.

Comment

im the biggest Mosley fan around these days, but even then im kind of dreading this fight. If he looks good, feed him a few easy fights then just cash out in a title fight. If he loses, it better be by KO or else hes gonna stick around even longer. id rather he doesnt tarnish his legacy even further like RJJ.

Comment

Who ever is telling Shane 'he's stll got it' needs to get kicked out of boxing.

Comment

Shane has always fought the best. on a given night he can still pull an upset.

Comment

He's going to have to KO Cano in Cancun

Comment

Shame

Sure, Shame, yeah,yeah,yeah. Please retire.

Comment

Cheaper to keep her bro. Lessons in life repeated over and over again!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X