Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jayson Velez-Salvador Sanchez II in Play For Cotto-Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jayson Velez-Salvador Sanchez II in Play For Cotto-Trout

According to sources, Mexico's Salvador Sanchez II (30-4-3, 18 KO's) has emerged as a leading candidate to face undefeated Puerto Rican featherweight Jayson 'La Maravilla' Velez (19-0 and 1 4 KO's) on December 1 in Madison Square Garden in New York, which features a very anticipated main event with Austin Trout (25-0, 14 KO's) staking his WBA "regular" 154-pound title against former three-time world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3 and 30 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

This is a much better fight for Velez than Dib at this time. Sanchez is a predictable plodder nowhere as slick as his namesake. He may not be easy pickings, but he won't be hard to find. This will be a good fight since neither of these two are really good defensively. A caveman affair while it lasts.

Comment

i don't think much of either guy,just watching velez struggling against an aging guy who doesn't hit hard and is very slow like beranza makes me wonder,beranza is thrown in there to make prospects shine and velez didn't and this sanchez guy is just,well i don't know what to think of him,i guess we can just be entertained for a while to watch these two maybe give us a thrilling fight and a good laugh

Comment

I don't really think much of either of them, but this should be interesting.

Comment

nice to see Valez still got the date and can fight on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
            just watching velez struggling against an aging guy who doesn't hit hard and is very slow like beranza makes me wonder,beranza is thrown in there to make prospects shine and velez didn't.
            Beranza beat Velez easy and was robbed. On top of that, Velez was boo'd for running like a frightened rabit against a guy with 22 losses.

Comment

This is a good fight for Velez and it might be better for him since Dib might have been too much too soon.

Comment

Working...
              X