Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Can he win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO Chavez can win. He is way bigger, has an iron chin and his power is getting better in every fight. It will come down to who wants it more!

Comment

I've put money on Chavez Jr based on my unreasonable disposition towards Martinez.

But I've also tried to predict the style match-up. Sergio can't duck-dance in front of Julio. If the ring does turn out to be smaller; Sergio will find it hard to execute an effective counter-punching strategy. Sergio can't brawl with Julio. I don't see Sergio's signature hooks being able to hurt Jr. with his awkward stance that seems to work against southpaws. I think Julio has the right punches to catch Sergio; he has decent uppercuts in both hands (Margarito's left uppercut, anyone?), good body hooks and a straight right that can penetrate his guard. I predict Jr. will push him to the ropes and TKO Martinez, but we'll have to wait and see how tough Chavez's chin really is, because he'll walk into a lot of sharp jabs on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
        I've put money on Chavez Jr based on my unreasonable disposition towards Martinez.

But I've also tried to predict the style match-up. Sergio can't duck-dance in front of Julio. If the ring does turn out to be smaller; Sergio will find it hard to execute an effective counter-punching strategy. Sergio can't brawl with Julio. I don't see Sergio's signature hooks being able to hurt Jr. with his awkward stance that seems to work against southpaws. I think Julio has the right punches to catch Sergio; he has decent uppercuts in both hands (Margarito's left uppercut, anyone?), good body hooks and a straight right that can penetrate his guard. I predict Jr. will push him to the ropes and TKO Martinez, but we'll have to wait and see how tough Chavez's chin really is, because he'll walk into a lot of sharp jabs on the way.
        The speed Chavez Jr whips them left hooks is unreal for the amount of power he puts in them.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
          Of course their a chance for him to win. its boxing anything possible.

JR is a vicious body puncher, Who was the least Vicious body puncher Martinez Face?

Bunch of theory on who can win and why, but most just ride martinez dick blindly cause they think Jr suck a$$.

We shall see fight night.
          I don't know if I would call him a vicious body puncher. I'd call him a committed and effective body puncer, but I don't remember the last time Ive seen him drop a solid fighter with a body shot.

Comment

Hes got two chances, slim & none.

Sergio via decapitation

Comment

Of course he can, I've actually picked him to win by decision(I'm never wrong btw). Martinez has a tendency to not fight the entire twelve and will lose several rounds because of this. Both get better as the fight goes on, but I like jr's chances to outwork him.

Edit: truth I'd, as long as he does enough to make the rounds close, Chavez get the nod.

Comment

lets be serious.. Chavez is too green still.. We're talking about martinez here.. hes P4P.. faster, better boxer and can mix it up.. if he boxes, hes good.. if he gets suckered into a brawl, hes in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by InsideMan View Post
                  Thats what I call a nice boxing discussion as in good no bull ***** :boxing
                  Who's alt are you? Don't lie, be honest

Comment

Originally posted by InsideMan View Post
                    Thats what I call a nice boxing discussion as in good no bull ***** :boxing
                    Well you are only 4 posts deep so honestly, you don't know **** about how these forums work.

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    dont know what you are implying their man but I just read his title and went off that. Unlike other people I do talk boxing here I dont just look for certain topics to troll.
                    Well you could have just said you think Chavez Jr will win via body shots or w.e instead of attacking an entire fan group saying they are d1ckriders. You see in my post I said my peice, how I think the fight will go, and that is it. I could have said that Chavez Jr. is an overrated green turd with a hideous overbite who hasn't fought anyone and has been given his belt and all his fans are just nationalistic ******s who NEED a Mexican champ, ain't that right ELbosshog?

I could have said all that but didn't......Nice trolling :*******:

Comment

Originally posted by GTL View Post
                      lets be serious.. Chavez is too green still.. We're talking about martinez here.. hes P4P.. faster, better boxer and can mix it up.. if he boxes, hes good.. if he gets suckered into a brawl, hes in trouble
                      Yeah sure look at the Macklin fight Macklin dropped Martinez even if he was off balance but Chavez Jr is more a brawler then Macklin so he could lure Martinez into a brawl and catch him off balance a few times or even just hurt him.

Comment

Working...
                      X