No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF: If No Exemption, Froch Faces Mandatory or Vacates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: IBF: If No Exemption, Froch Faces Mandatory or Vacates

Despite a boxing society littered with countless alphabet trinkets, the mantra remains true that the fighter defines the belt rather than the belt defining the fighter. Carl Froch will soon be forced to put that theory to the test.

The three-time super middleweight titlist returns to the ring this weekend, when he faces Yusaf Mack in his hometown of Nottingham, England. The bout is a rare (perceived) break from a grueling three-year stretch, which saw Froch engaged in the Showtime Super Six World Boxing Classic and then come right back to face then-unbeaten Lucian Bute.
    [Click Here To Read More]

it woulld b good 4 Froch 2 go vs Stevenson, w/his raw power & still unschooled style...big step up & going 2 Germany another thing 2 overcome...4 the fans, let's hope it's a go...

Comment

So a unification for Froch would be a way to keep his belt and avoid his mando. That Opens up for a new alphabet mess.

If Froch beats Mack and Bute and then unifies with the Kessler-Magee winner, the WBA (Kessler/Magee) is left with a mess beyond belief. As it is today WBA has the following Champions at SMW:

Super champ: Ward
      Regular champ: Magee
      Interim champ: Kashtonov
      Champion in recess: Balszay (not absolutely sure about that).

Normally a WBA champ gets 'super' status when unified with either WBC, IBF or WBO.

If Froch fights the Kessler/Magee winner the WBA will them have 2 superchampions so the mess ends up being ridiculous and laughable.

Can the alphabet boys sink any deeper?

Comment

They'll give him an exemption.

Comment

his only way to keep his belt is to rematch bute in montreal. if bute wants it then i'd go pummel bute again & collect the fat check. then i'd vacate & go for 2 more fights before the end. fight ward & kessler if possible. stevenson is a waste of time at this point in his career. he will be looking to cash out & stevenson is not going provide him those paydays as a mandatory so he will look for the rematches. if he has 3 fights left before he retires its bute, ward & kessler. if it's 2 then ward or kessler & bute. bute is a big paycheck but he'd have to go 12 because i can't see bute not adjusting some & rematches usually don't have the same dramatic outcomes if the first fight was a complete blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            his only way to keep his belt is to rematch bute in montreal. if bute wants it then i'd go pummel bute again & collect the fat check. then i'd vacate & go for 2 more fights before the end. fight ward & kessler if possible. stevenson is a waste of time at this point in his career. he will be looking to cash out & stevenson is not going provide him those paydays as a mandatory so he will look for the rematches. if he has 3 fights left before he retires its bute, ward & kessler. if it's 2 then ward or kessler & bute. bute is a big paycheck but he'd have to go 12 because i can't see bute not adjusting some & rematches usually don't have the same dramatic outcomes if the first fight was a complete blowout.
            I read an interview yesterday with Froch saying he wants to fight for another 2 years.

Someone said on here that Froch will probably fight on until he gets KO'd or loses consecutive fights and I think that is probably true.

Comment

Working...
            X