No announcement yet.

me proper sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me proper sparring

Hey this is the video i been waiting for and that i told you all i needed to get this is me proper sparring musab.
    Musab is 66KG and im 57kg hes younger then me but has been boxing 3 years more then me.
    Hes a brawler and im the boxer i dont think im a puncher yet but i do have a bit of power when i spar people my wieght which isnt much lol im always against bigger guys.
    I had to go easy on my power against musab and i let him out the corner alot to give him time to regroup since its only sparring.
    I think hes a good fighter but i think hes a better boxer and his dad use to be a pro boxer so maybe he influences musabs style.
    Anyways heres the vids advice/critism appreciated go nuts
    part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4
    Last edited by sterling; 06-17-2008, 05:36 PM.

Hey atleast you were throwing punches and coming forward!
    good k coming your way

Comment

Good stuff, sterling. Entertaining to watch unlike some of the other vids on boxingscene.

Some good things I saw:
      1) You weren't afraid to go forward, and throw some punches
      2) You parried some of his shots well (something I gotta learn to do)
      3) Your head movement isn't bad
      4) Some of the hooks to the body sounded like the real deal. I can't really judge technique, but they didn't look too sloppy (especially in part 2)

Something I would improve:
      1) Your rights seemed pretty wild at times (like you were reaching over too much)

Didn't find too much else wrong...Thanks for posting man.

Comment

Stop throwing that lead right hand to the body from so far out. You are just begging for a half step back, right uppercut to the jaw when you lean in like that.

You work the body well on the inside, but for **** sake, NEVER, and I mean NEVER, lead with a body shot.

There are exceptions where you can lead with a body shot when a person is off balance, or if you set them up with a feint, but never just lunge in like that.

You do the same thing with some of your overhand rights. The way you lunge in is just asking for a counter uppercut.

Stop pulling down your left hand when you are going to throw a right hand, not only are you leaving yourself open to those uppercuts, but you are blatantly telegraphing your intention to throw a right hand.

You need to learn to cover up properly because the way you are holding your gloves is going to make it very easy for someone to punch through your gloves and split your guard.

Comment

It would help if you said which one ya were.

But the guy in all grey his hands were way too low.
          His chin was miles up in the air.
          Slow feet.
          Waited to get hit.
          Headhunts too much.

Other guy in blue.
          Footwork was off balance and always jumping.
          His body shots were no offence to the kid terible. Well off balance, wide, slow and predictable.

Comment

im the one in the blue and i was going easy on him because hes younger then me i had to hold back on my power.
            Thx for the comments people and people rate and comment my videos on youtube please i think it was entertaining too but not perfect by a long shot lol.
            I need to work on my balance and defo stop lunging in and being predictable.

Comment

How tall are you?

Comment

I dont like your lead right body shot, you lean way too much and lose lots of power. Plus you are gonna get countered and floored coming in so quick. You look good out their bro. I would also work on more str8t rights as opposed to those looping overhand rights all the time. As the taller guy especially, just 1, 2 him with some str8t right hands.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
                  How tall are you?
                  Im 5ft7 im same hieght as musab

Comment

Watched each clip twice, it was much better the second time around.
                    Pretty good spar, both seemed to get some good work in.
                    I really like the fact that the coach is directly supervising and getting you guys to stop when there's stuff to correct.

I noticed the crosses people are giving you a hard time about.
                    If you come back with the hook afterwards, leading with the cross to the body's not that bad. Just make sure you're not leaving yourself in bad position after goin to the body.
                    You were getting kinda off balance in a lot of your shots.
                    You switched stances mid flurry, which is a sign of loss of control.

Most importantly, I think you need work on distance; being patient and not throwing until you're in range. It's something I need to work on as well.

Just noticed that you already pointed out some of the stuff I mentioned, o well.
                    Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                    X