Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hate for Cotto on the island...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Ricans have been paying PPV fees for JuanMa and Calderon for years. What's the problem now? It seems like in PR Cotto is damned if you do, damned if you don't. He'll never be Tito in the hearts and minds of PR fans and you all need to come to grips with that already. He gets more love in NYC than in PR. He has a promotional company now and it needs to turn a profit. If you all really want to join the other 50 states you'd better start getting used to it. In the US, Capitalism trumps democracy damn near every time brother.
    Last edited by MikeRo1972; 11-30-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I'm a fan but you don't do that **** to your Puerto Rican fan base. Most likely I will pay for the fight since my friends always go to my house to see the fights. Why we have to pay when everyone else in the world will get it free with their monthly showtime subs.

Comment

Thats really not a good reason to HATE a guy IMO! If they only like him because he GIVES them something for free... then maybe he needs a new fan base. Thats just wrong. Help the man out from time to time. I dont see nothing wrong with it. truthfully Cottos not losing nothing anyway. When they watch for free he dont reap any benefits from it anyway. Only his REAL fans will pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Geez bunch of cry babies

Do you guys cry about paying to see a fight live as well?
          What's the average wage in PR? $60 is a lot for Austin trout

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
            I'm a fan but you don't do that **** to your Puerto Rican fan base. Most likely I will pay for the fight since my friends always go to my house to see the fights. Why we have to pay when everyone else in the world will get it free with their monthly showtime subs.
            whoa!!! Now that I didnt know. Disreguard my last post then. WOW now that is Fu7ked up!////My bad....i agree! I thought it was a PPV card for everyone!

Comment

All time high right now lol. Now that Showtime has basically said that it was Cotto promotions the ones that wanted the people in the island to pay $50/$60 for his fight.

All you see in the web or hear is that they hope Cotto gets KTFO for being greedy.

I've been a Cotto fan all my life, but he did ****ed up in this one. Cotto's team is saying that they will show all the undercard fights in the PPV, but who the **** cares about those no names? Supposely the revenues from the ppv will be use to promote fights here in PR....year right.

I would love to see Cotto win, but if he loses, it's karma *****.

what's $50-60 to the average puertorican?

it's around 10% of a week's pay for your average boxing fan, after taxes.

the average boxing fan doesn't make a ton more than 25-30 k a year, you've got to figure. 600 a week is 30 k a year, roughly.

60 is 10% of that.... it's a lot of money.

still, though, you've got people who want to see him knocked unconscious?
              that's a bit much. i'd be devastated after seeing miguel cotto out and on the ground like that. it's miguel f#cking cotto. show some respect.

Comment

How you guys would feel is HBO was going to broadcast a Floyd fight for free to all their subscribers and then Floyd goes and tells HBO to charge PPV only to those in the states for him to make more money?

Comment

It's free in the states Larry. It will only by PPV in Puerto Rico, which is a request that Cotto's team made to Showtime.
                  Actually, it's free everywhere but here in PR.
                  Originally posted by Enchanted View Post
                  Nah man, in the US if you have SHO the fight is free.

Here in PR even if you have SHO you have to buy the PPV to watch the fight.

Anyway, while I don't like it, I think they're goin a overboard over here. Wishin for Cotto to get KTFO? lol I don't agree with that at all.
                  oh ok my bad

Comment

***** I had to pay 15 pound to see dela Hoya vs PAC and I live in the uk

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      what's $50-60 to the average puertorican?

it's around 10% of a week's pay for your average boxing fan, after taxes.

the average boxing fan doesn't make a ton more than 25-30 k a year, you've got to figure. 600 a week is 30 k a year, roughly.

60 is 10% of that.... it's a lot of money.

still, though, you've got people who want to see him knocked unconscious?
                      that's a bit much. i'd be devastated after seeing miguel cotto out and on the ground like that. it's miguel f#cking cotto. show some respect.
                      BOOM!..

Great post...I'd be a little salty having to pay for this one..but I'd more than likely still buy it to support and hope he wins..not to see him knocked unconscious..that's just petty and disrespectful

Comment

Working...
                      X