Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Were Freddie Roach, What's Your Fight Plan Against Pretty Boy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Were Freddie Roach, What's Your Fight Plan Against Pretty Boy?

If you were Freddie Roach, what's your fight plan against Pretty Boy? Is it a good plan and will it work?

I'm highly confident it will
    60.87%
    I'm not sure if it will
    17.39%
    I'll need to pray that it will
    8.70%
    I'm a total dud at fight plans
    13.04%

The poll is expired.

his plan would be to atleast try and make pac look competitive knowing full well that Floyd will embarrass and humiliate him in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
      his plan would be to atleast try and make pac look competitive knowing full well that Floyd will embarrass and humiliate him in the ring
      You didn't read the questions.

Comment

I would tell Pac to jump on him early to see if he could catch Floyd with something before Floyd settles in. Floyd may be jittery like he was against Hatton and Pac could get lucky. I think the 1st round will be more like the Cotto fight though. I think Floyd comes forward with that jab in the 1st round and looks to counter after that.

I would tell him not to overextend. Floyd is great on D and is fast so dont think its going to be easy to just overwhelm him. Be patient and just apply casual pressure. Dont try to counter Floyd's jab with that hook because its going to come too fast and you may lose your balance. Keep your head moving and throw punches down the pipe between his high guard since I doubt he'll use much of that shoulder roll. Everything is combinations. Lets see if he thinks he can pot shot us while were throwing a ton of combos. After you land then get out before he counters back. Let the crowd go wild when we throw and then move out before he throws back. That will affect the judges

Comment

I would tell Pac to runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...as soon as the bell ring get on your bike.

Comment

well, the old-timers would say go to the body. And that's what i would tell my fighter.

But with Floyd it's not that simple. He would back up and shell up. So i would tell Manny to back him up, cut off the ring, and make him fight.

Floyd can only box, he can't fight

Comment

Originally posted by civicvx View Post
              I would tell Pac to runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...as soon as the bell ring get on your bike.
              That'll be hilarious, Pac running one way and Floyd running the other way!

Comment

i would just chill. Pac got this.

seriously, i think Pac would still whoop Floyd even if Freddie let Pac do his own thing.

Comment

I agree about jumping in early but don't get carried away. Floyd is probably the best in adapting to a fight. He can improvise better than anyone else and he will probably spend the first couple of rounds trying to figure Pac out. Try to catch him early, let him feel your power, and wear him down. By the time he figures Pac out (he most likely will) he'll be too slow and his counters will be innefective. Late KO or UD for Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    I would tell Pac to jump on him early to see if he could catch Floyd with something before Floyd settles in. Floyd may be jittery like he was against Hatton and Pac could get lucky. I think the 1st round will be more like the Cotto fight though. I think Floyd comes forward with that jab in the 1st round and looks to counter after that.

I would tell him not to overextend. Floyd is great on D and is fast so dont think its going to be easy to just overwhelm him. Be patient and just apply casual pressure. Dont try to counter Floyd's jab with that hook because its going to come too fast and you may lose your balance. Keep your head moving and throw punches down the pipe between his high guard since I doubt he'll use much of that shoulder roll. Everything is combinations. Lets see if he thinks he can pot shot us while were throwing a ton of combos. After you land then get out before he counters back. Let the crowd go wild when we throw and then move out before he throws back. That will affect the judges

worst plan ever it's going to be a 12 round fight! if you gas manny early Mayweather will box him late.

I would honestly, train and train and train ... manny needs to learn how to BOX not fight Mayflower. if he goes in thinking it will be a fight he's sadly mistaken. if manny opens up and doesn't play it smart and tech he's going to get set up, shook and then he will pot shot him till round 12 for a mayweather UD.

Manny needs to learn how to box, to be honest that is is biggest weakness. when cotto started to box manny was really ineffective. and cotto stole some rounds, may will come to box. If manny can find opening to make it a fight they he should commit to those chances. but he sould take what may gives him... if he fights outta sync with the flow of the fight... may will kill him. he need to work on slipping the jab or timing it with his left. he also needs to NOT lunge in with his shots... may may not be a huge puncher but if you body weight is behind you moving in like bute timed andrade you get shook.

numer one plan Manny need to box and box fast. liek a rightright wait... see what his tendencies are, the begin to formulate a gameplane off the last round fought. sublte pressure. cut off the rig, manny is going to have to use every EVERy bit of boxing knowledge and skill and fitness he has for him to capitalize.

Mayweather is no bum and first and for most needs to respect that to the highest degree.

Comment

Working...
                    X