No announcement yet.

Rosado trainer lost his composure in the corner "HE MIGHT DIE!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    He will fight another day. He wasn't going to stop GGG, why continue getting your ass beat for the sake of fans who have no clue what youre going through? Rosado wasnt overly upset about the stoppage

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    100% agree. Taking punishment helps you prove a point to the audience, but there comes a point where enough is enough. Rosado got his chance to show how long he could hang, and Briscoe protected his fighter like every trainer is supposed to.

This fight reminded me of Cool Hand Luke:

Comment

The last exchanges by GGG looked brutal when the ref failed to see them throwing in the towel. It was a great stoppage by a trainer who cares. I loved this stoppage and wish more trainers did this. You could see his dad being stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Briscoe was right, the father (if he was cool) was wrong.

Rosado had to be saved from himself, he couldn't even see but he still wasn't going to quit.

I think we saw more than enough, only the genuinely bloodthirsty would have wanted it to continue.
        This, it was a great call from his trainer. Rosados a tough kid, who needed to be saved from himself.

I dont think his trainer meant litterally die. Golovkin is a brutal puncher, and rosado could/would have gotten seriously hurt, especiLly once his stamina started to fade. At that point, rosado taking any more punches from golovkin was unnecessary. He was done, the fight was over. A great tough call by his trainer.

Comment

Have you ever boxed before? If you have you would know what "looks" like it isn't that bad really could be. Especially with how hard Golovkin hits, he was saving his fighter for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            I think Rosado is very talented fighter with heart, he is young enough where he can grow and still has a chance to make a name at 154 I was impressed with him, but he just needs a trainer who has the tools to help mold him and fine tune him and can give him proper instructions in the corner.

His trainer lost his composure in the corner, he panicked, his own Father even said let Rosado continue, but the trainer Billy Briscoe panicked and said he was stopping the fight because Rosado might die.

Rosado was hurt, but he was okay just cut up and bloody, but you can tell he was still alert, a top trainer will not panic like that though with the HE MIGHT DIE or HE IS GOING TO DIE!

Rosado fights similar to Bernard Hopins, minus the holding, and hitting and dirty tactics.
            He could use a cut man too

Comment

I would have stopped it before that round began! The young man was out gunned and didn't win a round! This is still a young man who is impressionable theres is no need to have him torn down during the round! I'd stop it in the corner and have Rosado walk across the ring and congradulate GGG on his victory! I want my fighter on his feet knowing I'm in charge of his safety and well being, because I am!!! This was not a close fight and there was absolutly no reason to risk anymore damage from lacerations!
              His trainer/cornerman acted very well when all accounts are taken into consideration! Ray.

Comment

GGG couldve killed him if he wanted to. Seriously. If that had went the full 12 he would've been arrested during his post fight interview.

It shouldve been waived off a round earlier Rosado got his soul taken.

Comment

Andre was right, sometimes you have to save your fighter from himself. No need to take anymore punishment. The call had to be made. That said, I think Rosado is a strong fighter. He seemed to try to box GGG, but all I saw was GGG peppering him with the jab.

Comment

The round he was stopped he was in survival mode trying not to get hit while bleeding out of every cut GGG gave him.

Comment

If my son was in the ring, id want briscoe in my corner

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X