No announcement yet.

atheists stop celebrating my christian holiday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    Have you read nothing I said about the religion the Aztecs practiced before?

can you read
    Does the saying, Religion sucks dick. Period. Mean anything to you?

Comment

you sad, coarse little man

Go then

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
        And it wasn't just the Spaniards who did the killing but way more Indian haters of the Aztecs happily helped them.
        Yeah, and then the greedy ungrateful Spaniards back stabbed them, amateurs.

Comment

The council of Nicaea devised December 25th as Christ's birth date. In fact, we know this date to be an important date on the Pagan calendar, prior to this council.

Emperor Constantine convened the first Council of Nicaea. This council's purpose was to establish a uniform Christian Doctrine. Representatives of all Christiandom were present. What the history books do not mention is the Council's real purpose was to prevent an empire-wide war between the Christians and the Pagans. Conflict between the two threatened to tear the Roman Empire apart at the seems and Constantine, a devout pagan until he was on his death bed, did not want to go down in history as the emperor who let the empire slip down the drain. So, he came up with a brilliant plan to save the empire and hence, the Council of Nicaea was the result.

At this council, issues were resolved such as the proper date for Easter, the birth date of Christ, the relationship between God and Jesus as well as the issue of Christ's standing as a deity. However, the most substantial product of this council was the construction of the New Testament of the Bible as we know it today.

In doing so, select writings from the various Apostles were selected. All of these writing were carefully vetted so as to preserve a common theme: the Church's claim as the sole conduit between man and God. As a dynamic of this decision, the concept of the superiority of men over women was carefully preserved. Why? Simple. Men were the most common holders of power back in those days and did not want anything to disturb that claim. Therefore, women were denounced as little more than heretics. The reason behind this crucial decision rests in the notion that Mary Magdalene, not Peter, was chosen by Christ to lead the church. There have been a number of writings and other documents that suggest a matrimonial relationship between Christ and Mary Magdalene, but Im not going to get into that here.

Last edited by -Lowkey-; 12-25-2010, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

Turned out to be a great thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                The 25th was commandeered.. appropriated... siezed... repurposed.. Humans tend to do that. That doesn't dull the fervor of the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth. Its the thought that counts.. What dulls the fervor is the overall malaise of faith in the current world today.

So many unfaithful.. and even those who claim faith abuse it.
                Christmas has always been an unfaithful holiday. Only up until the past 150 years has Christmas even been a family holiday. In the past it was basically a huge party where everyone got drunk and the poor harassed the rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  I agree with you. If you aren't christian you shouldn't be celebrating tomorrow. Oh yeah, that fake holiday you guys created called xmas, go jump off a bridge. That **** ain't fooling anybody. Atheists are nothing but a bunch of hypocritical mother ****ers. They ***** that Christians preach non stop but in reality they are the ones that preach till they are blue in the face. Then they complain about religious holidays but they are the first ones enjoying their Easter dinner or Christmas presents. Nothing pisses me off more than a bunch of two faces.
                  LOL that made me laugh. And what are you celebrating?

Comment

i love jesus....hes born i get presents, he dies i get chocolate.......win win....

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      I agree with you. If you aren't christian you shouldn't be celebrating tomorrow.
                      I'm celebrating the birth of Horus, Dionysus, Mithras and Quetzalcoatl. Who are you celebrating?

Oh yeah, that fake holiday you guys created called xmas, go jump off a bridge. That **** ain't fooling anybody.
                      In the days of early Christianity when Christians were being persecuted by the Romans they would use a code instead of simply writing in Latin. They would use the greek word for fish as an acronym for Jesus Christ God's son Savior, hence those shitty fish stickers on cars. They would also use the Greek letter Chi as shorthand for "Christ". The Greek letter Chi is actually written as X hence Xmas.

You know about your own religion right?

Atheists are nothing but a bunch of hypocritical mother ****ers. They ***** that Christians preach non stop but in reality they are the ones that preach till they are blue in the face.
                      The only one preaching here is you.

Then they complain about religious holidays but they are the first ones enjoying their Easter dinner or Christmas presents.
                      And the only one complaining here is you.

Nothing pisses me off more than a bunch of two faces.
                      And your righteous indignation has just made my hearth a little warmer.

Comment

Working...
                      X