No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Calls Mayweather Announcement a Ploy For Dates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    well you've refered to floyd as my god and then said I was a nuthugger. That level of vocabluary suggests pac fan.
    even a little baby can tell ur a floyd d!ckrider
    not hard to tell

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      As a boxing fam i dont care if the two promoters put fights on the same night as i will turn off phone, stay off internet, grab alotof alcohol and watch boxing all night.
      Agreed. Although, I'd prefer they weren't both PPV's.

This "problem" of having 2 cards in a night is a boxing writer created issue.
      What real boxing fan goes, "Thank goodness those 2 fights on HBO are over. I'm tired of watching boxing now. I think I'll go to bed....."

Hell no. As soon as the Pac-JMM card is over, I'm going to be looking for either the Jennings card or the Ramos-Williams card.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
        there u go guys we have the winning tip from the boss

marquez gonna win this fight if pac doesnt get the KO

arum already planned marquez vs bradley
        Exactly, Marquez-Bradley is coming May 4, 2013. Even if Pacquiao wins, Marquez-Bradley is coming, I think. Pacquiao-Rios is the plan, and Marquez-Bradley is the other plan. The winners of each meet up and the losers of each meet up, both sometime in November 2013. Another year's work for all four fighters. What's up for 2014?
        Last edited by Null; 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Why is Arum so worried with when Floyd is fighting? He shoud just pay attention to his fighters. Arum wants to have total control of the dates and Floyd is the only one that can really challenge him
          Did you read the article? Arum is saying that GBP is using Floyd's name to secure dates that are likely to conflict with his own. He clearly says if Floyd fights on a certain date, he will not schedule anything for that date.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
            even a little baby can tell ur a floyd d!ckrider
            not hard to tell
            if you say so. carry on.

Comment

Who does Arum have to match up with? Chavez Jr who's suspended and likely would be until after May regardless - and being talked about as coming back in Texas?

Throw Manny on the same date for PPV?

Donaire? Rios? Pavlik?

Face it, Top Rank doesn't have the bullets to match up - PPV wise - against GBP on either day.

Arum can ***** all he wants, the fact of the matter is that GBP has the far better stable to put on cards featuring Mayweather, on Cinco de Mayo and Mexican Independence weekend.

Comment

Smoke and mirrors, and then more smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenlicht View Post
                  Did you read the article? Arum is saying that GBP is using Floyd's name to secure dates that are likely to conflict with his own. He clearly says if Floyd fights on a certain date, he will not schedule anything for that date.
                  Floyd and GBP made a premptive strike so Bob can't do Chavez/sergio II on that day. Smart business move by floyd and GBP if Bob wont do floyd/manny in Nov. That said, Bob could go to CBS/NBC/ABC with manny/bradley rematch and kill any non floyd card in NOv.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
                    There is ZERO chance that Floyd Mayweather Jr. fights twice within a 4 1/2 month span!!!
                    I don't know. Roger was talkin bout Floyd fighting twice for a while now. He been telin floyd he wants him to fight twice a year.Plus, by Floyd announcing both fights, he is kinda promoting the second one already. So possibly he won't need 6 months to promote it. Just speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by scott12133 View Post
                      If Manny wins I bet Floyd calls him out for May 4th
                      Of course. And top rank was ready for that by saying PAC can't fight in may. Only April.

Comment

Working...
                      X