No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I Wanted To Punish Sillakh, I Want Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I Wanted To Punish Sillakh, I Want Stevenson

WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (23-0-1, 21KOs) explained that he wanted to punish and knock Ismayl Sillakh (21-2) out. He got his wish on Saturday at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City.

Kovalev knocked him down hard in the second round and taunted him while he was laying on the mat. After Sillakh made it up, Kovalev followed up with a combination that momentarily put Sillakh to sleep.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kovalev doesn't play around. He wants Adonis now.

Comment

Hopefully HBO forces this fight

Comment

Hard to believe he's so violent inside the ring with a dog like that.

Seriously though, Kovalev brutalizes Stevenson in 3 rounds or less. Adonis is going to get seriously hurt...

Comment

Stevenson doesn't want you, though.

Comment

Max Kellerman : Who do you want next Adonis?

Adonis Stevenson: *pause* can I say something? Happy new year!!!!!!

Stevenson on Nov. 30th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by porknchili View Post

Hard to believe he's so violent inside the ring with a dog like that.

Seriously though, Kovalev brutalizes Stevenson in 3 rounds or less. Adonis is going to get seriously hurt...
              Here you guys go again. You act like Adonis is just going to lay down. The guy knocked out 4 guys this year himself. And has a left hand that can KTFO anyone.

I like both guys, it's refreshing to see fighters with killer instincts in this day and age of boxing. I can't pick a winner. Both can win because both can END THE NIGHT WITH ONE PUNCH!!!!

Comment

If superman is saying these things then ya he needs to man up an fight the best in HIS division kovalev is a champion himself knocking challengers out just like superman both fought the same kinda fighters last night tall long reach moveing around jabbing and in my opinion kovalev looked better against a better boxer so i hope this fight is made next but i dont think it will be as easy as everybody says it will be for kovalev.

Comment

... Just a little more of these threads and we'll find out that Kovalev is ducking Adonis -- the same way he ducked B-Hop... a.s.o.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                    Here you guys go again. You act like Adonis is just going to lay down. The guy knocked out 4 guys this year himself. And has a left hand that can KTFO anyone.

I like both guys, it's refreshing to see fighters with killer instincts in this day and age of boxing. I can't pick a winner. Both can win because both can END THE NIGHT WITH ONE PUNCH!!!!
                    I never said that Adonis is just going to lay down. In fact, I believe he's going to be very dangerous since he'll be on the back foot countering where he is the most effective IMO. He's a huge puncher in his own right, that's nothing to be disputed. He also has terrific explosiveness and accuracy which, combined with his power, make him a serious threat to any 175lb fighters.

That being said, Kovalev is just a bad matchup for Stevenson because of his ring IQ, power, punch output, stalker mentality, and probably since he is starting to hate Adonis like he hated Sillakh. It wouldn't be a cakewalk, but Sergey would overpower the more fragile Stevenson and stop him brutally.

Sidenote, they probably won't fight until late 2014/they won't ever fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X