Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Tim Bradley Finally Gets His Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Tim Bradley Finally Gets His Respect

by David P. Greisman - Even in a sport in which the phrase “undisputed champion” exists, rare is there any conclusion without some amount of contention.

That’s no surprise, not in a sport where fights can be decided on subjective scoring and inconsistent interpretation of the rules, and where the opportunity to earn significant money or challenge for a world title is as dependent on relationships with promoters, networks, managers and sanctioning bodies as it is on skill and talent.

And so prospects, contenders, world titleholders and even some undisputed champions will be described as overrated or overhyped or dirty or boring or limited. People will say that they are ducking certain other fighters and insist that they will soon be exposed as a fraud.

There will be those, then, who still don’t believe in Timothy Bradley despite his split decision victory over Juan Manuel Marquez this past Saturday. There will still be questions and doubts and flaws worth mentioning.

He’s undefeated, but there is one battle he can’t win. He will never win over everyone.

He’d learned that through his years of accomplishments.

There was the title win at junior welterweight over Junior Witter five and a half years ago, followed by a successful defense against Edner Cherry and victory in a unification bout with Kendall Holt. Yet there also were the knockdowns Bradley suffered against Holt, one at the beginning of their fight, the other at the end. [Click Here To Read More]

He didn't get his respect from me

Comment

Originally posted by PPAAKKMMAANN View Post
      He didn't get his respect from me
      cool, he doesn't need it

Comment

Respect for what!!!!!?????
        U got the win timmy take that an be happy u got that im sorry but barely beating a 40 yr old man by split d when ur a young fast strong boxer.......no respect at all alil props but thats it now the prov fight that was respect but the way u won this one dosent get u this new found glory ur expecting sorry an all this HOF talk........let me spell in out for u timmy......GET THE F**K OUTTA HERRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have 100% respect for him. That was a fantastic display of skills he showed last night. He was in the zone and better than I remember seeing him in the past.

Comment

The best sentence that David has written in years was the last in the 10 count. It seems that the first few of the 10 were just continuations on the same subject. I'd thought that each number was to have been about a different subject and item of news. I suppose in the article, he rehashed all the news about the Bradley win.

Well...Bradley deserves a boost, he's one of the few fighters who can be a role model for youth today. Honest, sincere and straightforward.

Comment

i didnt lose my respect to Tim even at the Pacquiao debacle, Timmy is a nice guy and humble...its just hes in the right place at the wrong time...

Comment

I like Bradley but he's just not that good, he got a gift robbery that he refuses to admit he lost in, and beat an old middle aged blown up lightweight who looked like he needed a walking stick. He's not that good....if Khan can get back to pre Garcia days he can beat Bradley easily.

Comment

split decision on a 40 year old post steroid cycle boxer, respect my a$$

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
                    I like Bradley but he's just not that good, he got a gift robbery that he refuses to admit he lost in, and beat an old middle aged blown up lightweight who looked like he needed a walking stick. He's not that good....if Khan can get back to pre Garcia days he can beat Bradley easily.
                    Pre Khan wouldve lost to a Pre Bradley and a now Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X