Your thoughts on presss ups?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on presss ups?

Do they get you strong?

best workout since the sit up. hehe.. it works very well bro, and if u get used to it, try variations, put ur hands/feet higher, do it on one leg, do it in a handstand, do it on a medicineball. do 20-30-100 reps. do it with ur hands together in a diamond shape do it with ur hands twice shoulder length apart.

Comment

I find one-arm pushups are great once you can do 5+ properly.

Comment

They certainly build strength to a point, after which weight training (bench press) can take over.

I'd treat them at that point as a semi cardio exercise, excellent for toning the chest muscles and triceps.

Comment

As mentioned they get you strong to a certain point, then it just becomes an endurance exercise.

One arm push ups and planche push ups are very challenging though.

Comment

They're the only exercise I do for strengthening the upper body (I refuse to touch the weights... our trainer permits guys to use weights if they want to, but I won't use them.)

Many good variations of pushups exist, but for me 95% is just the good old regular pushup. I also do clap pushups.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              They're the only exercise I do for strengthening the upper body (I refuse to touch the weights... our trainer permits guys to use weights if they want to, but I won't use them.)

Many good variations of pushups exist, but for me 95% is just the good old regular pushup. I also do clap pushups.
              Same here, and i had guys in my gym that did some beastly pushup routines. try the double clap, one clap in front one clap behind your back, try doing that 10 reps. the one handed is really beastly. or the double hand front raise instead of clapping, hopping while you push up, hopping forwards backwards.

Comment

Working...
              X