No announcement yet.

Khans New Stance and style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
    Khan is alright on the outside but when it comes to his inside fighting he fails. I see the biggest threat to his style is from a pressure fighter who can force himself past that jab.
    This is spot on

Comment

Originally posted by deepdarkdanger View Post
      This is spot on
      maidana isnt a pressure fighter, Katsidis is.

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
        Khan is alright on the outside but when it comes to his inside fighting he fails. I see the biggest threat to his style is from a pressure fighter who can force himself past that jab.
        Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
        why train for the inside when you are fighting Kotelnik and Maliganggi? It doesn't make sense to. .
        timba1988, This is nothing about practicing the inside game for those opponents. The truth is he does not have an inside game and if he does not have one it does not make sense not building one.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
          Khan's 23. He can learn the inside game through subsequent training camps. It won't come all at once but it will with time. Just four fights ago Khan had a horrible defence. Now he hardly ships a punch. I'm guessing that when Khan fights an aggressive inside fighter, Roach will work on that aspect of his game. I mean, why train for the inside when you are fighting Kotelnik and Maliganggi? It doesn't make sense to. Give Khan another four fights and I'm sure he will be a lot better on the inside.
          Hardly ships a punch? Did you see the state of his right eye after the Malignaggi fight?

Comment

Originally posted by MaminM View Post
            Maidana is one of the best pressure fighters at 140, he can knock you out with one shot but usually he works very hard to get that shot off.

Against Cayo he was brutal to the body and worked his way on the inside, he's not a pressure fighter in the sense that he is constantly on you like Hatton but he moves forward cuts off the ring.

Against Ortiz he was forced backwards but due to his power he fights very well off the ropes because as soon as he hits you you back off as is the case with Ortiz. I think he's got the best mix of pressure and power at around 140. He's a thinks before he rushes in, when he was tagged against Ortiz he wasn't stupid they only reason Ortiz got to him is because Ortiz on average is super accurate with his power punches.

Katsidis is a good pressure fighter, very consistant but Maidana can change pace better than Katsidis and can fight going backward, Katsidis gets wreckless too the Casamayor fight is an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuggerboom1 View Post
              Hardly ships a punch? Did you see the state of his right eye after the Malignaggi fight?
              If your going to talk about it please don't exaggerate it.

Comment

Originally posted by MaminM View Post
                Maidana is not a swarming pressure fighter like Katsidis but he is a stalking pressure fighter. More steady and deliberate. Katsidis looks to swarm and unload lots of shots Maidana stalks and is looking to unload a bomb that takes you out.

Comment

i thought he looked like mayweather a little bit. there were few parts where khan was placing his back foot exactly like floyd when he's about to counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Idgas View Post
                    i thought he looked like mayweather a little bit. there were few parts where khan was placing his back foot exactly like floyd when he's about to counter.
                    Not to mention the check left uppercut, when luring paulie into the ringpost.

Comment

you cant even compare KING KHAN with coward mayweather

king khan is only 23. he's going to retire mayweather for good if they ever fight

Comment

Working...
                      X