Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse should welcome Adrien Broner to the Junior Welterweight division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    He'll fight a close fight with DeMarco just so he can beat him decisively in a rematch.

he's gonna pretend his arm hurts in the first fight

Comment

He's not going to jump straight there. I'm cool with him making a stop at 135 even though I know he's probably too big for that too

Comment

Cmon on NSB............

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          GB-TR have made several fights lately. The only one they couldn't make was Mayweather-Pac. Don't be fooled by their supposed inability to work with each other. That's just not true. They've worked together plenty of times in the past.

Regarding Rios-Alvarado, I'm just not impressed with Alvarado. Maybe I'm missing something. But after I saw him go life and death with Prescott, I saw something in his game that I'm pretty sure Rios will exploit.

Regarding Mathysse-Rios, I don't want to see it for 140lb supremacy. I want to see it for the fireworks (two guys with juggernot styles) and to shut Rios up. Mathysse could then fight Garcia after.

Really at the end of the day, no one at 140 is beating Mathysse so it doesn't really matter what order they go in.
          Prescott is no slouch though, and those first 4-5 rounds, I've never seen Prescott box so well. People can say "oh well Prescott gassed after the first half of the fight', but Mike still took over from rounds 5-8, the 9th was a slow round for both, and then whupped Prescott and stopped him in the 10th.

Alvarado-Rios will be a phone booth fight, and we still don't know how Rios translates to 140 lbs, where he's fighting someone who re-hydrates as big as he does, who can punch as hard as he does, etc. I think Alvarado also applies a better jab to get inside, where as Rios just rushes forward with hardly anything behind it. It's a 50-50 fight. The winner gets a lot of credit in my book.

I just think the time is right for Garcia-Matthysse. If not atthysse, Garcia could fight Judah or Peterson possibly and may lose. The time is now for it, it's the biggest fight there to be made right now.

Oh and I think Marquez can beat Matthysse.

Comment

Damn can Broner do something at 135 first before we try to match him up with guys at 147 and 140...I know he talks a lot but REALISTICALLY...his next opponent will likely be DeMarco

Comment

Broner gets destroyed by Mattysse.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Make it happen, since Adrien "Yen" Broner is supposed to be able to clean out every division from 130-140.

that's genius bo. genius.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                  he wouldn't be able to deal with lucas...........he'd get hurt. but if he somehow can remain as effective at 140 (keep most of his strengths) I would say it could be a totally different story...........zab judah out boxed lucas quite clearly (many ignore this) it's just that he took those knock downs & thats what made the fight as close as it was.

lucas can be outboxed without a doubt.
                  Anyone can be outboxed, but I don't think Lucas would be outboxed by Judah if they fought now. He was just starting to face world class opposition when he fought Judah and was still kinda green. Now is he really coming into his own.

Comment

This Broner shyt is out of control and is just spam at this point. How about Broner gets his ass welcomed to Lightweight first.

Comment

Hell wheres the JMM vs. Matthysse threads?

Comment

Working...
                      X