Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking back months later...did hopkins quit against dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
    No Dawson ain't no killer I genuinely feel B-Hop he was hurt
    Stand up straight and Chad could knock your head off. Chad is a killer, don't let that little Daffy Duck voice fool you. Lbvs

Comment

No, his shoulder was actually swollen, you could see that a few minutes after the injury. Hopkins is an extremely experienced boxer and saying that he "knew he wasn't going to win" in round 2 is just absurd.

Now, maybe the injury wasn't as bad as he tried to make us think it was, but it still was an injury.

Comment

I think he went for DQ.

Comment

B-hop has been a legend in the sport and given his service for years and people question what happened? No he didn't fake it, it was medically proved his shoulder was dislocated. Dawson landed fuvk all in the those 2 rounds bhop schools him!

Comment

Anyone consider the possibility he was injured and couldn't continue. Injuries do happen, especially as they get older.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
              I think I those two rounds he saw he couldn't beat Dawson and had a bad game plan and chose to quit to come back with a new one not saying he'll win but it'll Prbly be close
              Dawson going to win easily. It won't be close at all. Dawson looked impressive and more importantly, much more confident in his rematches with the old guys before Hopkins (Tarver, Johnson).

Comment

hopkins avoided dawson for years. in the very limited time in the ring with him, he wasn't doing too good. i'm not gonna say he quit because he was scared but i do think he thought he could get a dq win and be done with dawson and it backfired. i think hopkins knows dawson is a VERY difficult matchup for him.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think Hopkins is thrilled to rematch Chad.

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  hopkins avoided dawson for years. in the very limited time in the ring with him, he wasn't doing too good. i'm not gonna say he quit because he was scared but i do think he thought he could get a dq win and be done with dawson and it backfired. i think hopkins knows dawson is a VERY difficult matchup for him.

Comment

I explained the injury to a physical therapist who has no sort of bias, and she said he would've been able to finish, since it wasn't bad enough for surgery.

Comment

Really, if he didn't want the fight then why is the rematch going down? Surely he'd find a way to get out of it if that was the case. We all know Bhop is a slow starter and regardless of how Dawson looked in those two rounds, anything could have happened had this match stretched on.

Comment

Working...
                      X