Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Mayweather: “Ortiz is better than Pac, Floyd need tuneups b4 facing Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Mayweather: “Ortiz is better than Pac, Floyd need tuneups b4 facing Pac

Pac and May fight will never materialize because uncle and father are shook..

Roger says, Ortiz is better than Pac. So If pac is easy picking why go for lesser pay in Ortiz when you can get 50million to fight pac and get easy money. Contradicting again lol.

Then he says Floyd needs more tuneups after Ortiz fight before facing Pac. Duh? He just said Ortiz is better than Pac??

This family is a walking contradiction. There definitely shook when they hear the name Pacquiao.

On whether he believes Victor Ortiz is a more talented fighter than Manny Pacquiao:

“I think the guy’s got better talent. This guy Victor Ortiz has better talent than Pacquiao. Pacquiao ain’t nothing but wild, anyway! Pacquiao ain’t got no skills, period! That ain’t why he’s winning. That ain’t why he’s winning! He ain’t winning on no skills, that’s for sure.”

On whether he believes Floyd would be ready to fight Pacquiao in his next fight if he beats Victor Ortiz:

“Well I wouldn’t think he would fight Pacquiao right after fighting Victor Ortiz. I mean it would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Victor Ortiz! Floyd needs fights. He needs to be active. Don’t get me wrong, Floyd is the greatest fighter out there, period. Right now in today’s boxing Floyd is the greatest fighter out there. But at the same time I don’t think that Floyd can do this. Floyd needs tune-ups like anybody else. It ain’t no different than any other fighter if you are going to compete with a guy who has been active all the time.”

Link: http://www.**********boxingradio.com...rtiz%E2%80%9D/

I am wondering why uncle Roger take so much issue about Pacquiao’s two losses early in his career. Inside the ring, boxing skills does not always pay the bills.

I am referring to Uncle Roger himself. He had two battles with the Hall of Famer Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. On the first fight, Uncle Roger’s boxing did not prevail. He got knocked out in the second round.

In the rematch, while he lasted several rounds, his boxing skills again failed him. He quit on his stool and refused to continue to fight.

In my opinion, Uncle Roger does not want his beloved nephew to experienced what he experienced at the hands of Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. This Mexican Legend is a brawler like Pacquiao. And against brawler like Pacquiao with power in both hands, there is always a grave danger of getting knocked out.

Uncle Roger speaks from experience, hence, Little Floyd has to listen to him. Thus, Little Floyd had come up with various excuse not to fight Pacquiao.

And to add: Chavez sr. would rather have his kid train with Roach than Train in roger's camp. Go figure =)
    Last edited by Spoon23; 06-13-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

ortiz > pac? , they should stop doing drugs

Comment

Pac would beat Floyd, Ortiz in the same night and then go sing a concert...real is real.

Comment

roger not making sense? this is unheard of stuff. ortiz is better than pac but he needs tune ups to fight pac but not ortiz. herp derp!

Comment

Statements don't exactly contradict one another. Ortiz could be more talented than Pacquiao but Pacquiao would be a tougher fish to skin because he is a tremendous athlete, faster, greater stamina, greater endurance.

Comment

Roger said this and that, then floyd would dispute whatever roger has said.. should we wait and see if elerbe will have something to say about this as well? jeezz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                Statements don't exactly contradict one another. Ortiz could be more talented than Pacquiao but Pacquiao would be a tougher fish to skin because he is a tremendous athlete, faster, greater stamina, greater endurance.

really?

“I think the guy’s got better talent. This guy Victor Ortiz has better talent than Pacquiao. Pacquiao ain’t nothing but wild, anyway! Pacquiao ain’t got no skills, period! That ain’t why he’s winning. That ain’t why he’s winning! He ain’t winning on no skills, that’s for sure.”

you think thats true ? GTFO!!!

Comment

so do you mean maidana is more talented than pacquiao!! bwahahahah!!!

maidana > ortiz > pacquiao

Comment

Do you believe what you just said? Ortiz has more skill than pac? You've watched both? You know boxing right? You truly believe that? Is ortiz in the p4p list?

Comment

Working...
                    X