No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Will Consider The Option of Leaving Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly Will Consider The Option of Leaving Boxing

Former WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly, 26-years-old, is considering the possibility of walking away from boxing, after suffering a one-sided four round TKO loss to Sergey Kovalev this past Saturday night. Cleverly was dropped three times in the fight before the contest was waved off in the fourth round. It was the first career defeat for Cleverly, who lost his title in the process. Cleverly will now take some time off and plans to evaluate his future when his vacation is over.

[Click Here To Read More]

Just retire. It's already on your mind.

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

The way I look at it is, should everyone who gets KO'd by Matthysse, Golovkin and Kovalev retire?

Of course not, since no one else is going to beat him up like that. Still, it's a personal decision.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 08-19-2013, 02:52 AM.

Comment

imo he kept it real

Comment

Nathan Featherly.. where's your fighting spirit now eh? A Welsh Dragon..

This is a guy who thought he'd be the big dick at Light Heavyweight. He just got the in ring shit stabbing of a lifetime.

Comment

Frank will serve Enzo up for him next and all will be well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                Nathan Featherly.. where's your fighting spirit now eh? A Welsh Dragon..

This is a guy who thought he'd be the big dick at Light Heavyweight. He just got the in ring shit stabbing of a lifetime.
                You're a nice guy.

Comment

Clev may not be built for this sport....he's having a Victor Ortiz moment where he's feeling like he's too young to be getting beat up like that....not what I wanted to hear because I like Clev....maybe he's taking this lost too hard....everyone can't be Joe Calzaghe...not even YOU Clev!!!....gotta find yourself kid and comeback stronger....c'mon Clev

Comment

Wow, surprised he's coming out with a statement like that. I mean yes, he took a beating, but it's not like he fell face first and was KO cold.

I'm sure he's just disappointed right now, and will come back. But no one needs him to be a stepping stone for others. But if you can't comeback from 1 loss, then you're not a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X