• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am cool with that he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Uhhh, okay, whatever that means.

Just let it go man, you seem hurt. It's okay. Donaire has plenty of years left to finally make an impact, while that was Marquez's first, and would probably be Marquez's only FOTY award. Maybe 2013 will be Donaire's year if he steps up and doesn't think fighting Mijares level opponents will get him FOTY honors. He's 30 years old and lost that spot to a 40 year old. When you're young, you should be fighting the best possible opponents, unfortunately Marquez is the one doing this, not Donaire.
      Outside of Pacquiao the last couple of yrs what best possible opponents has Marquez been fighting???

Looks like more of the same for 2013..... Can then Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
        So, Pacquiao was considered the fighter of the year by The Ring in 2006, 2008, and 2009.
        2006, i don't thing Ring mag was owned by GBP. 2008 and 09, the mag was not influence yet by GBP. Only the past couple of years when the GBP and TR started heating up against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
          pretty sur ethe bought it in 09 ? lol
          but yeah there was no way around pacquiao wining in any of those years

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=3019164

People saying they don't agree with Broner being ranked so highly by ring magazine is nothing new.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...naire+magazine

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=428913

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            they were all legit fights ..i guess you could say arce aint but even that was a better win than the fedchenco win for jmm..

so i dont know why one good win is more than 3 good wins...

i could understand quality over quality but if you have 3 good wins in ayear , thats defintely better than just one great win...jmm desrves fighter of the month , not year...
            I just gave you three fighters (one that won the award, of course) that had a better year than Donaire. None of those fights had anyone salivating. Mares breaking down Moreno cancels out Donaire's 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
              Who owns THe Ring?? It's DLH!! Donaire's with Top rank, Donaire dumps DLH after Arum shows he was tied with Donaire! That's DLH 's revenge for Donaire! "You'll not getting my FOTY award from my Magazine for Dumping me!!" --- DLH
              Lol...Conspiracy theories

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                I just gave you three fighters (one that won the award, of course) that had a better year than Donaire. None of those fights had anyone salivating. Mares breaking down Moreno cancels out Donaire's 2012.
                first of all , marquez won the ring foty , not the the real FOTY..second , guerrero's win over berto and aydin aint better than nonito's wins over 4 champs or former champs..third , mares aint even in the conversation for foty , not even close.. if moreno was a 122 fighter and mares had about 3 more decent wins , he prolly would've been a candidate...
                Last edited by puga; 02-01-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

There's not any real way to have a problem with this. Marquez did something great and memorable.

Comment

Donaire and JMM deserve it, but for some to say that JMM isn't worthy is ridiculous. He knocked out one of the best if not the best pound4pound fighter in the world in BRUTAL fashion.

That right hand will go down as one of the best right hands thrown in boxing history.

Think about it people....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Donaire and JMM deserve it, but for some to say that JMM isn't worthy is ridiculous. He knocked out one of the best if not the best pound4pound fighter in the world in BRUTAL fashion.

That right hand will go down as one of the best right hands thrown in boxing history.

Think about it people....
                      Don't meantion donaire name in same sentence as jmm it's insulting. Donaire has no claim to being fight of the year maybe this year will be donair year

Comment

Working...
                      X