No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Strikeforce, Showtime Reach New Television Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Strikeforce, Showtime Reach New Television Agreement

NEW YORK —Showtime Networks Inc. and world championship mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion STRIKEFORCE® have entered into a new broadcast agreement to continue producing live MMA events on the premium television network, SHOWTIME. The agreement was announced jointly today by Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports®, Dana White, UFC® President, and Scott Coker, STRIKEFORCE CEO.

[Click Here To Read More]

Now that UFC has picked them clean of the champs and marketable dudes....

Comment

I'd assume this would lead to Dana lending some fights and talent Strikeforce's way I mean why waste a t.v. deal? They had to have went hard on this for a reason...

Comment

Pointless in my eyes Strikeforce is dead,who knows though maybe it can become the minor leagues for the ufc.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          Now that UFC has picked them clean of the champs and marketable dudes....
          is the UFC suppose to keep strikeforce going? for what reason?

I'd rather see all their top fighters go up against the UFC's top dogs.

Comment

It'd be cool to keep strikeforce kind of as an experimental developmental company. I'd like to see once a year a TUF style tournament in one night with guys who've been picked. Keep the women's division going there obviously and also catch weight special attractions... Obviously it probably won't happen but why waste the exposure? Right now you've got Keith Jardine coming up in a title fight. I can't see Showtime dishing out the money for those type of fights in the future. I have to assume they either got a cut throat rate or were guranteed something otherwise what's the point?

Comment

Working...
            X