Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another good win for Saint George

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was impressive but like Demise said his defence needs patching up....that will come once within time though under Booth.

Comment

I'm not sure if Booth is the ideal trainer for him. I'm not sure who is, but Booth hasn't improved Haye's defensive mistakes and it seems as if Groves may end up with some of the exact same flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        I'm not sure if Booth is the ideal trainer for him. I'm not sure who is, but Booth hasn't improved Haye's defensive mistakes and it seems as if Groves may end up with some of the exact same flaws.
        I agree, Booth hasn't done much to sort out Haye's defensive flaws, and his been training Haye for a good few years now. But Groves might have a better chin then Haye which could make up for it?

Comment

I think Booth is the best promoter working in Britain right now. I also think he's very clued up on the PSYCHOLOGY of boxing. Whenever I've heard him whilst working as Haye's corner man I've been impressed by his little motivational talks and reasoning.

But insofar as instructing a fighter in the CRAFT of boxing I'm not so sure. I genuinely believe Haye likes to live on the edge and his guard kind of reflects this. But, still, I do think an old hand like ... say ... Emmanuel Steward could make significant defensive improvements whilst retaining most of the riskier elements that make David Haye David Haye.

Working closely with Haye must have an effect on Groves and I'm sure the kid considers him a mentor. Whether this will be good for Groves in the long term I'm not sure. I'm always wary of fighters who rely more on their athleticism than their guard to stay out of trouble. A solid guard will extend your career (look at someone like Bernard Hopkins), but athleticism has a nasty habit of deserting you when you need it most (around the age of 30, when the best fighters often do their best work). Look at Hamed.

Comment

Groves is on the Mayweather v Mosley undercard going to be a legend!

Comment

Wow! That's great for the kid.

I know he's a talented and he's quickly establishing a reputation for himself. But I didn't realise he had attracted THAT kind of attention. Although, given Hayemaker's affiliation with GBP I guess the pathway had been laid down.

I wonder who his opponent will be? It's pretty soon after his last fight and I'm not sure whether Adam Booth thinks it's a good idea to throw him in with a genuine player.

But then with Booth you never know. Groves might end up fighting for an intercontinental title ...

Comment

its the same as degale tbh he has looked leaky in defence aswell

Comment

best british prospect by a country mile.adam booth is a good trainer aswell despite what a few people think

Comment

Working...
                  X