Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't done any exercise in three weeks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    I am just getting over gastritis, 37 and this is the longest time that I have gone without some form of high intensity training.

When I go back out there should I start slow or just go back to the same intensity that I was training at before I was sick?

Throughout the three weeks that I was down, I smoked copious amounts of Marijuana.

opinions?

what's gastritis?

we joke a ton, but i hope you are OK.

you should be fine when you jump back in to your routine. i always notice that my muscles respond better to a workout after i've had some rest. i might not be able to get the reps or weight that i'm used to, but the muscles feel like they're doing a better job of building themselves back up and becoming stronger.

at 37 you're in very good shape. i wouldn't sweat it much at all. warm up and stretch before and after, and you should be solid.

maybe we can start taking PED's now that all of our heroes are being outed !

we'll show up in the lounge on swole!

Comment

Originally posted by kymira View Post
      Dont go full throttle right away, Your body needs to acclimate. Im sure within 1-2 weeks your muscle memory will start to kick in and you'll be back to you're old self.

And yea, a little herb here & there is nothing. Heck this week is my rest week ( I usually train 4 weeks on and give myself 1 week rest and indulge in some good eats) & I plan to smoke too for some relaxation.

Good luck.
      icy North? Are you a fellow

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        what's gastritis?

we joke a ton, but i hope you are OK.

you should be fine when you jump back in to your routine. i always notice that my muscles respond better to a workout after i've had some rest. i might not be able to get the reps or weight that i'm used to, but the muscles feel like they're doing a better job of building themselves back up and becoming stronger.

at 37 you're in very good shape. i wouldn't sweat it much at all. warm up and stretch before and after, and you should be solid.

maybe we can start taking PED's now that all of our heroes are being outed !

we'll show up in the lounge on swole!
        i'm cool bro. it's just the start of some ulcers. i'm at the age where I have to start watching what i eat and ingest. the days of eating whole chickens, wrapped in bacon and smothered in whatever hot sauce i can get my hands on are OVER!

Comment

so far I have had some great responses. thanks friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            i'm cool bro. it's just the start of some ulcers. i'm at the age where I have to start watching what i eat and ingest. the days of eating whole chickens, wrapped in bacon and smothered in whatever hot sauce i can get my hands on are OVER!
            Acidic foods ie: animal protein would have definitely contributed to burning you stomach lining...it takes alot of acid to break down chicken and beef and we don't have iron lined stomachs like dogs do. Alkaline foods will help you with that as well as inflammation which is what was prompting you to take the Nsaids in the 1st place...it was the acids burning muscle cells which likely caused the inflammation. Time to change your diet...put it to the test. Thank god I did 4-5 years ago because it's really worked for me.

Comment

It seems your advice was all pretty good. I didn't have the stamina at first but I still managed to go through the motions plus a solid hour on the treadmill. I can't wait to get back tomorrow.

Comment

I have got that all too familiar "you got your ass kicked yesterday" feel about my body. I have missed this.

Comment

Well!!!I am here and i read out all the posts and i agree with your reviews.
                  But daily 1 hour exercise and cardio exercise both of these exercise much
                  better for health.Running is also good for lose weight.Fresh juices,fresh vegetables and natural juices are also good for health and body fitness.
                  Start Workout with empty stomach...

Comment

Working...
                  X