Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward or Felix Sturm - Who's the worst homebody?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    What ''GIFT DECISION'' did Sturm receive?
    Macklin? Murray?
    Close fights IMO that could of gone either way.

From what I remember & I maybe wrong but I am sure I recall saying Murray did well to get a draw & I'm sure Macklin faded quite badly & let Sturm back into the fight, you can't go into a champions backyard, take your foot off the gas & expect to win a decision in a close fight.

it was sturm actually who got robbed in the US against dela hoya.
    maybe that was the reason why he doesn't wanna fight outside of germany again.

Comment

One guy needs the home ring to receive disputed decisions. The other doesn't. Which do you think is worse?

Comment

Sturm. Ward has actually won all his fights clean with no debating no gifts whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          it was sturm actually who got robbed in the US against dela hoya.
          maybe that was the reason why he doesn't wanna fight outside of germany again.

Correct & the exact reason. I can't say I blame him either being the champion & the bigger draw.

Would Geale vs Sturm sell better in Australia for example? I doubt it.

Comment

What's funny is that Andre Ward just fought outside his hometown IN HIS LAST FIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
              if you think Ward wouldn't have got disqualified anywhere outside the US for his headbutting against Kessler, I think you're mistaken. But in Oakland he didn't even have a point deducted.

what is in that pipe you're puffin' on?

disqualified

Comment

you make your name & legacy fighting in america not germany.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  What's funny is that Andre Ward just fought outside his hometown IN HIS LAST FIGHT.
                  And this goes CLEAR over everyone's head. But then critics will move the goal post and say, "Well he never fought outside of his country!"

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    And this goes CLEAR over everyone's head. But then critics will move the goal post and say, "Well he never fought outside of his country!"
                    He should have fought Froch in Nottingham, herp derp. That would have made a difference!

Comment

Worst homebody??

Comment

Working...
                      X