Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop the ROBBERY bull****. The Fightwriter has spoken.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the fight live via Sat with no commentory at all, and had Holy winning easy, he did what he could only do, move, through punches when in range and then a few more when holding. What did valuev actualy do? He was'nt moveing and through 1 punch for every 3 of holy's. I just don't get it at all, with all the advantages he had to not win by knock out is a disgrace, Holyfield looked in great shape and can not see a reason why he should retire, he was not hurt and went all 12 rounds and looked good IMO, this Valuev is a joke and a complete freakshow to boxing, because to be in boxing you need to box and move like a boxer, which he did neither of.

Comment

I had Holyfield winning quite clearly by say 8/9 rounds. He certainly won the first 6. Even after that, Valuev wasn't really landing. So how he got the nod is mind boggling.

Holyfield was right in saying I thought I did enough to win, because he did. He wasn't great either, but he was clearly getting the better of it throughout. He landed more and avoided Valuev's punches all night.

There seems to be differences of opinions about how to judge fights which to an extent I can understand, but to this extent seems too far. Valuev was not being an aggressor, he was plodding around not throwing punches. So that argument which has been used is invalid, especially given as it's the US that often favours aggression, not Europe, and Clegg made this point very well in a previous thread.

Comment

I don't understand why Bat is getting so ridiculous with this ****. Everyone bar a very select few thought it was a robbery. Just because you can find one or two biased accounts that gave it to Valuev doesn't make it just a disputed decision.

Again, take the title fights of these places. It is the only logical thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
          I don't understand why Bat is getting so ridiculous with this ****. Everyone bar a very select few thought it was a robbery. Just because you can find one or two biased accounts that gave it to Valuev doesn't make it just a disputed decision.

Again, take the title fights of these places. It is the only logical thing to do.
          I suppose the places that staged Spinks-HolmesII, Whitaker-Chavez, Foreman-Schulz, DLH-Sturm etc. should also be wiped off the boxing map?

Get real Danc. You're better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
            and Evander Holyfield showed that at 46 he is still a fighter to be taken seriously
            I stopped reading right there.

Holyfield is not a fighter to be taken seriously because he would lose against most semi-decent fighters out there. However, even at 46, I think it's safe to say he can be taken a little more seriously than Nikolay Valuev. That guy is an embarrassment to the sport.

I don't give a **** who this guy is or who he thinks won the fight. Every poll I've checked so far is between around 85-95% in favor of Holyfield.

Fight fans KNOW who won the fight. This is ONE GUY against thousands of us. He isn't more qualified than any semi-knowledgeable spectator when it comes to scoring fights and his opinion is not the be-all/end-all.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I suppose the places that staged Spinks-HolmesII, Whitaker-Chavez, Foreman-Schulz, DLH-Sturm etc. should also be wiped off the boxing map?

I do have to agree with Bat here I'm afraid. If we were that stern and generalising, we'd end up with nowhere to fight soon enough.

Comment

A more logical step would be for sanctioning bodies to do a better job of selecting judges.

When Toney got a decision last week that almost everyone disagreed with, there was none of this 'no more fights in the US' stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  A more logical step would be for sanctioning bodies to do a better job of selecting judges.

When Toney got a decision last week that almost everyone disagreed with, there was none of this 'no more fights in the US' stuff.
                  It is true. There are bad decisions everywhere.

I just think there is downright corruption in parts of Europe. Again, refer to the Green-Beyer fight in Germany. The referee was clearly paid off in that fight. That **** don't happen in the UK or the States.

Comment

No worries, I will do my best.

You just keep having fun trying to justify a decision that 95% of ppl think was ridiculous.

Comment

It is true. There are bad decisions everywhere.

I just think there is downright corruption in parts of Europe. Again, refer to the Green-Beyer fight in Germany. The referee was clearly paid off in that fight. That **** don't happen in the UK or the States.

Santa cruz- Casamayor happened in Madison Square garden in NY.

That decision was worse than this.

Comment

Working...
                      X