Collapse
No announcement yet.

Femto-Photography, Trillion frames per second - watch light move in slow motion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Femto-Photography, Trillion frames per second - watch light move in slow motion

Ramesh Raskar from MIT has created a camera that can capture light itself as it moves.....

Technology is improving fast, I wonder what it will be like in the next 20 years.....hover boards?

sounds like a total gimmick..

Comment

really interesting thanks for sharing.

Comment

this is amazing... sleight of hand artists will be like obsolete when this camera hits mass market in the future...

on another note, when the indian scientist's US visa expires and returns to his country, india will just improve upon the technology and come up with an even better camera...

Comment

pretty cool stuff, thanks for sharing...

Comment

Amazing! Really!

Comment

science & technology FTW!!!!!

that was amazing. cant wait for the future application of this technology in every day life.

Comment

It's from a reputable source; MIT. CHECK!

But one major question: This would imply that their method overcomes the speed of light, therefore approaching or possibly even equaling the speed of light in which special relativity would explain that it is nearly impossible to accomplish. He mentions in the video that they used terabytes of information to basically piece that video together, I'm wondering what they meant by that.

Comment

How the hell can you capture something moving at the speed of light?

Surely the mechanisms in the camera would have to move at that speed as well to capture light in motion?

Something tells me that's not the case.

Comment

Holy ****ing ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X