Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now can people stop saying Floyd's picking on a smaller man?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    A fighter who can still fight in a lower weight than the other guy. Then he's not "clearly" bigger than the other guy.

But, whatever if this is a way to overhype to give even more than extra credit. Then by all means go ahead and I won't rain in the parade.
    i think the point is floyd is not fighting a small man. This is something he (for some reason) has gotten a lot of flack for.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
      Yeah because ya know Ortiz looked like DLH from the Sturm fight right?

Floyd weighed 150 pounds for his 154 pound debut. Came in at 152 for DLH. If you said Mayweather is an average WW I'd agree with you, but Ortiz? Comon man the guy looked shredded at 161 pounds. Are we really having this argument? Really? Jro, Ortiz is clearly the bigger man. Are you seriously trying to debate this?
      First of all stop throwing numbers out of your ass if you going to talk.

Second, how long ago was when Floyd weighed 150 for his 154 debut? Hell at the time Floyd was still considered a small WW back then. Don't you think he has gotten a little bit bigger and has become a more a natural WW now? So why even discuss the Floyd from back then?

The Floyd that fought Oscar wouldn't have any problem making 144. The Floyd who fought Oscar could still have possibly fight at 140. The Floyd of today is bigger than that Floyd who fought Oscr.

But, again whatever, you right. I'm not going to debate this. The guy who can still make a lower weight-class healthier than the other guy is "clearly" the bigger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
        i think the point is floyd is not fighting a small man. This is something he (for some reason) has gotten a lot of flack for.
        yea, outside of everyone here making ortiz out to be a giant, this is the truth. he got a lot of flack for something that generally has not been true.

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
          Well he's not fighting a smaller guy.

But, is he fighting a guy that's "clearly" bigger...I don't know.

Is he fighting a guy that's stronger. I honestly doubt it. Because, Floyd is a strong mofo. That's a very underrated aspect that Floyd has. Along with his toughness.

Comment

First of all stop throwing numbers out of your ass if you going to talk.

Second, how long ago was when Floyd weighed 150 for his 154 debut? Hell at the time Floyd was still considered a small WW back then. Don't you think he has gotten a little bit bigger and has become a more a natural WW now? So why even discuss the Floyd from back then?

The Floyd that fought Oscar wouldn't have any problem making 144. The Floyd who fought Oscar could still have possibly fight at 140. The Floyd of today is bigger than that Floyd who fought Oscr.

But, again whatever, you right. I'm not going to debate this. The guy who can still make a lower weight-class healthier than the other guy is "clearly" the bigger guy.
            Who's too say Floyd couldn't make 144? Maybe the guy didn't wanna drain himself and come to the fight at a comfortable weight like Pacquiao does? Who's too say Ortiz hasn't drained himself to make 140 this entire time?

Comment

theres so many things that goes into determining a person's body weight and even more that goes into determining how much weight they can lose and be healthy that its really impossible to look at a person and say hes bigger or smaller than another person that hes relatively close in size to. thats why i always say u cant weigh someone with ur eyes.

lets just leave it at the two are obviously gonna be filled out ww's.

Comment

Not by alot, and sometimes it's the height of the shoes.

Victor looked chubby in the face and has some body fat so he looks bigger.
                Floyd stays in shape year round.
                He is slim and trim.

But size will not be a factor. Skill is the factor in all fights.

Comment

And, I wouldn't call Hatton a big WW, would you?
                  At the time he was bigger than Floyd. Floyd only looked to be a good size against Mosley IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                    Who's too say Floyd couldn't make 144? Maybe the guy didn't wanna drain himself and come to the fight at a comfortable weight like Pacquiao does? Who's too say Ortiz hasn't drained himself to make 140 this entire time?
                    Drain himself? If he's draining himself to make 144 then he can't make it at a healthy level? Which is my point FFS's.

And, I don't know cuz' he has always made the weight when he has had to. And, because hmm........He was actually demanding a catch-weight when he was the negotiations with Berto started. Meaning he probably still felt comfortable at a lower weight...

But, then again "who's to say"

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                      At the time he was bigger than Floyd. Floyd only looked to be a good size against Mosley IMO.
                      I didn't see any evidence inside that right that showed me that Hatton was bigger than Floyd nor that Mosley was bigger than Floyd.

Were they smaller than Floyd? Not at all.

But, if they were bigger then the size difference was very minimal.

Comment

Working...
                      X