Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some Christians not follow the Bible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Why do some Christians not follow the Bible?

Just a question for the devout believers and curious non-believers out there.

Exodus 20:8-11 -
    "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work....For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

So why do people worship on Sunday the first day? With such a plain statement from God himself how do people get it wrong? The Jews and some Christians still keep the Seventh day which is Saturday but most Christians observe Sunday.

When I asked a Catholic Priest he said " The Catholic Church of its own infallible authority created Sunday a holy day to ake the place of the Sabbath. The Catholic Church which, by the authority of Jesus Christ, has transferred this rest to the Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection on our Lord. Most Protestant churches still pay homage to the Catholic Church by continuing to observe Sunday worship.

So I want somebody to find a Bible verse that changes the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Because after all we have to obey God not man.

Matthew 15:9 - "For in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"
    Last edited by BoxingTech718; 05-14-2011, 01:01 PM.

I'm hoping by Sunday night somebody will answer this thread.

Comment

Baby Sloth will give you an in-depth answer when he comes across this...

Comment

Because Constantine changed the Sabbath day to Sunday in honor of the Sun God, Sol Invictus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
          Because Constantine changed the Sabbath day to Sunday in honor of the Sun God, Sol Invictus.
          It's crazy to me that a majority of Christians don't even know something as simple as biblical Sabbath is Saturday not Sunday. It is commons sense since Jesus was a Jew and observed Saturday. The Jews haven't changed they've been observing Saturday since the beginning of their customs.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            It's crazy to me that a majority of Christians don't even know something as simple as biblical Sabbath is Saturday not Sunday. It is commons sense since Jesus was a Jew and observed Saturday. The Jews haven't changed they've been observing Saturday since the beginning of their customs.
            I believe most Christians know this. They've become so conditioned that it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Comment

because they don't

Comment

It doesn't fit into modern society very well... Time is money, Post modern life is a race to create money, identity and a broad social life.. Taking a whole day off to just pray and be spiritual every week is hard now a days to say the least.

What bothers me the most though is the self proclaimed christians who haven't read the bible... They have no clue what they've put their name to. It's so superficial it's laughable.

Comment

all our sins are forgiven every time we go to confession.

Comment

People do what suits them, whether they are Christian, Muslim or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X