Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get a new trainer or stick with Santiago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one suggesting roach? I know cotto is fighting manny next, but after that would roach be so bad for cotto? I like Stewart, cause i think if cotto increased his defence it may help with his stamina as well, also Stewart's commentary during Cotto fights, seems pretty spot on IMO, so i think he could do well for Cotto. Judging from Cotto's last outting, i think he needs a different trainer, currently he lacks stamina, i didn't care for what little advice his corner was giving him, and his cut man was shaking like mad, l thought for sure he was going to get a q-tip in the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
      No one suggesting roach?
      No, we need a trainer that will be able to outwit even roach that is probably steward but for some reason I do not like steward mainly because I believe steward doesn't like Cotto and is probably better at training taller fighters.

Steward and Richardson are probably the two trainers who know how to outwit even Freddie Roach but I do not know if either is right for Cotto.

Comment

my vote goes to Nacho B., he is great at building stamina and defense in a boxer. exactly what cotto needs. and the experience vs MP is a definite plus. add to that he is a awesome cutman. i know i am just dreaming but you never know. Nacho is a 1000 x better than Emmanuel

Comment

hell yeah he needs a new trainer, especially, especially, going into a fight with manny pacquiao. i think nazim richardson would be a good trainer for cotto, because cotto has mad talent and is well trained as is, richardson would be able to work well with cotto and utilize cotto's talents and skill. in a fight like this, i think working with richardson would be a nice and easy transition that wouldn't force cotto to relearn or change up everything he knows already.
          richardson is the master at fight plans and strategy, also getting guys mentally ready to fight on top of making sure their in peak condition.

one thing is for sure, if cotto is going to fight the top tier of fighters now, he needs to get a top trainer, his career is hanging in the balance of someone who really doesn't have to tools to be training and maintaining a champions career. i'm not saying cotto's new trainer isnt capable, but if i was cotto or his handlers, i wouldn't want to leave his career to chance with this guy learning to be head trainer on the job.............. and if i was arum i would want to better protect my investment, even if both guys fighting are my fighters, i would still want the best for my fighters, whether or not they're going to be fighting one another, they're still investments.............

i think nazim richardson would be the best trainer right now for cotto to start working with, ike i said, easy transition, and cotto would have a guy that could make use of all his tools that he has now, and wont have to relearn a whole new way of fighting, and wouldn't have to learn on the job inside the ring in one of the biggest fights of his life.........

Comment

Working...
          X