No announcement yet.

Rios vs Gamboa : who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios vs Gamboa : who would have won?

I know there have been plenty of polls on this matchup but this time it's different because we've seen Rios get outboxed by Abril. Did that fight change or reinforce your opinion on the Rios/Gamboa matchup? Or do you think Abril and Gamboa are too different and Gamboa wouldn't be able to do the same things Abril did?
    Brandon Rios
    22.73%
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    77.27%

Bob Arum

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Even with his poor showing against Abril, I still think Rios would have been too much for Gamboa. Rios has a solid chin and would simply walk Gamboa down.

Comment

Gamboa, Rios has a good chin and a decent punch and thats it, no other world class skills. Maybe uncle Bob knows a couple of friendly judges to help bum bum out

Comment

Abril And Gamboa are Two different styles. Abril is very conservative, while Gamboa is willing to mix it up, not to mention that he's much smaller than Abril or Rios.

It's still a toss up for me. I could see Gamboa outfoxing, but not willing to tie up in the inside, which could get him hurt.

Comment

Rios would have walked right through Gamboa's punches. Gamboa would not have been successful in using holding and clinching as strategies. And he would not have had any clue in how to stop Rios' constant pressure. People act as if Abril was robbed by a landslide. With a competent ref, he would have been stopped in the early rounds.

Comment

Now we know for certain that Rios was not making 135 and feeling good. Gamboa would have smacked him around for 12 rounds. What a f***ing idiot he is.

Comment

erislandy lara

Comment

Too late for that. I thought Gamboa had more than enough to outbox Rios but they did not fight. I have never been on the Rios’ bandwagon; He has no technique, no defense, and relative power. He does not KO his opponents by sheer power of his punches, but rather by accumulation and exhaustion. He leans in and puts all the weight he gains after the weigh-in, that’s what gets his opponents tired. Abril did not let him do that, and I think Gamboa would not have let him get away with it either (of course, this is a conjecture). Murray and Antillón were content with letting him push them, lean on them, and wear them down and tried to fight Rios’ fight. A slick boxer chops Rios to pieces. Abril is slick but physically limited and he took Rios to school, imagine what Márquez would do? But as far as gamboa – Rios is concerned, well, we might never know. I may be wrong, but, when evenly matched, I always pick the boxer over the brawler.

Comment

Working...
                    X