Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adult Beverages for Winter Festivities!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My nan used to make a mulled wine trifle that would get you drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      its ****ing horrible, id drink pretty much anything and the 2 times ive been handed a glass of mulled wine ive took a couple of sips and set the glass down nearly full up. Its concidered a sin here to not finish a drink!!

I like Brandy and Port at Xmas. 1 measure brandy (Heinessy) and 1/2 measure of port. Lovely mix. And if you've got a dodgy stomach it seems to settle it. Ive no idea why
      the brandy and port sounds good.

could it be just a bad reciepe or a bad choice of wine? was it dry or sweet?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        the brandy and port sounds good.

could it be just a bad reciepe or a bad choice of wine? was it dry or sweet?
        see ive had it twice, about 5 years apart, i tried it the 2nd time in case the 1st one was just a bad mix. Not sure about the first time but the last time it was def sweet. But not sweet in a nice way if that makes sense lol! I think the fact it was warm made it even worse.

Warm alochol just doesnt seem right to me. I dont even like hot whiskeys. (But i'd still have one and finish it if it was given to me - usually by my gran before she died when i had a cold. I cant even get close to finishing a mulled wine)

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          see ive had it twice, about 5 years apart, i tried it the 2nd time in case the 1st one was just a bad mix. Not sure about the first time but the last time it was def sweet. But not sweet in a nice way if that makes sense lol! I think the fact it was warm made it even worse.

Warm alochol just doesnt seem right to me. I dont even like hot whiskeys. (But i'd still have one and finish it if it was given to me - usually by my gran before she died when i had a cold. I cant even get close to finishing a mulled wine)
          Yeah i think i get what you mean, like its sweet but it dosnt mellow out the alcohol flavor at all so you get a strong sweetness and a strong alcohol flavor?

Comment

I like rum egg-nog and other various egg-nog alcoholic drinks. . . i love egg-nog, though. also i love some homemade brandy. . . mmmmmm. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
              I like rum egg-nog and other various egg-nog alcoholic drinks. . . i love egg-nog, though. also i love some homemade brandy. . . mmmmmm. . .
              im a fan of seagreams and nogg but, other various egg nog alcoholic drinks? like what? any reciepies?

Comment

im not sure of the exact recipes, but ive had it with rum. . . and this kaluha concoction was delicious. . . lol im not good with mixing drinks up - just drink whatever is mixed up.

hmmm. . . maybe a quality bourbon might do the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  Yeah i think i get what you mean, like its sweet but it dosnt mellow out the alcohol flavor at all so you get a strong sweetness and a strong alcohol flavor?
                  i didnt really get a strong alcohol flavour of it from what i can remember. I probably just didnt like whatever spices were in it mixed with the sugar. If there was was more of an alcohol flavour i probably would've liked it. I like wine and port (which i think was in the last one i had. But u can throw anything into it, one of my mums friends makes it with wine and poteen - irish home brew - lethal stuff lol)

Most people i know love it, u should give it a go. It just didnt agree with my taste buds

Comment

Mulled wine is nice but my favourite is single malt scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Mulled wine is nice but my favourite is single malt scotch.
                      lol what are you like 90?!

haha, nah i enjoy a good single malt scotch as well. . .

Comment

Working...
                      X