Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolling Stone Magazine Crowns Eminem The "King Of Hip Hop"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eminem is clearly the best in that top 10. I personally don't like most of his songs but man that Cinderella Man song is brilliant.

Comment

The only person I respect from that list is snoop dogg,he's the only one who actually knows how to rap the rest is a bunch of f@gz...who made that list? justin bieber?

And yes eminem might be one of the best right now,but it's not that hard with people like gucci mane and lil wayne around

Comment

Not surprising if they're basing it on popularity and sales.

Comment

Eminem Appreciation
          starts at 1:06

Comment

Em and Jay are the only legit guys on that list. Both have slipped quite alot of are still head and shoulder above the rest. Kanye is so so. The rest suck. Pretty bad too.

Comment

Out of that entire list of rappers I only respect about 3 or 4 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post

The magazine has released a list quantifying and qualifying the major players in Hip Hop.

Rolling Stone magazine has crowned Eminem the "King of Hip Hop," ranking him above Lil Wayne, Drake, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj and more.

The magazine claims that the list doesn't measure the "all-time greatest," but rather analyzes data like album sales, YouTube hits and social networking popularity to determine who has the highest index number.

Additional artists to make the final cut include Gucci Mane, Snoop Dogg, Diddy, Big Boi, B.o.B, Lupe Fiasco, Pitbull, Kid CuDi and a handful of others.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...p-hop-20110815
                WTF? Drake? Niki Minaj? Gucci Mane? Lupe effing Fiasco? Pitbull?
                Em is on top of any list of rappers you draw up. Whether you are going by lyrics, style, sales, popularity and appeal, he is toward the upper two or three any way you dice it up. But the rest of this list? WTF? There are only three credible names of Hip Hop on that list. Em, Big Boi, and JayZ. Mentioning Big Boi with out Andre is plain robbery of talent also. This is stupid I'mma take a **** and wipe my ass with a "Rolling Stone" magazine. ******s

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                  Not surprising if they're basing it on popularity and sales.
                  You are right. Everything is about popularity. ****ing social networks, ratings on Youtube, numbers on "friends lists". Has this generation ass backwards when judging any type of artistic medium.
                  ****ing Drake made the list. Give me a break.

Comment

Well if record sales is a big part of the list then yeah it looks about right. Eminem and Jay-Z are both easily number 1A and 1 B as they both have the capablity and the record sales to back it up.

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
                    WTF? Drake? Niki Minaj? Gucci Mane? Lupe effing Fiasco? Pitbull?
                    Em is on top of any list of rappers you draw up. Whether you are going by lyrics, style, sales, popularity and appeal, he is toward the upper two or three any way you dice it up. But the rest of this list? WTF? There are only three credible names of Hip Hop on that list. Em, Big Boi, and JayZ. Mentioning Big Boi with out Andre is plain robbery of talent also. This is stupid I'mma take a **** and wipe my ass with a "Rolling Stone" magazine. ******s
                    What's wrong with Lupe Fiasco? He's a beast. His last album was him "selling out and going commercial" and it was still very good. His first two albums are 8/10 albums at the very least and some would even argue classics. I Put Hip Hop Saved My Life and Hurts Me Soul up there with the best rap songs I've ever heard.

Not a lot of people like Cudi, he's different. I wouldn't even say he's a rapper more so than a pop artist at this point. I've always ****ed with Cudi though...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      Eminem Appreciation
                      starts at 1:06

Start at 0:00, the entire song is beastly.

Comment

Working...
                      X