Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Times have sure changed, haven't they??
    I cannot believe how far Khan has fallen here. I'm not sure who the hell is responsible, whether it's Khan himself, Roach, or what.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

Thats all well and good Matthyse not being able to counter Ajose's punches but you seem to be overlooking a minor fact regarding the nuclear bombs that landed on Ajose's chin from Matthyhse that if landed on Khan's would probably end his career.
      He wont be able to land those bombs so easily on Khan, not elite of course but he is a lot better boxer than Ajose. Remember Lucas was getting stumbled by pillow puncher Alexander. Khanīs kind of speed and power would totally annihilate Lucas, not even a good fight. García-Mattyse would be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
        He wont be able to land those bombs so easily on Khan, not elite of course but he is a lot better boxer than Ajose. Remember Lucas was getting stumbled by pillow puncher Alexander. Khanīs kind of speed and power would totally annihilate Lucas, not even a good fight. García-Mattyse would be better.
        What are you? The mushahadeen of Amir Khan? That's adorable, it really is.

Comment

• Thread title should be changed to "Amir Khan wants to get KO'd on December 15, on HBO".

Mods, please change. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonlight View Post
            What are you? The mushahadeen of Amir Khan? That's adorable, it really is.
            Why?, because my opinion differs from yours?. Donīt be a douchebag.

Do you think this is an easy fight for Lucas?, he should take it asap then.

Comment

Please....stop with the foolishness. You really think Khan is go in there and smack Matthysse around?

If Maidana could have Khan in trouble, I'm sure that Lucas could do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Please....stop with the foolishness. You really think Khan is go in there and smack Matthysse around?
                Yes. Actually I donīt think Khan is better, it is just a very bad match for Lucas. But Iīm done trying to make you understand my point... too much Fanaticism around here.

Comment

Yes. Actually I donīt think Khan is better, it is just a very bad match for Lucas. But Iīm done trying to make you understand my point... too much Fanaticism around here.
                  At least explain WHY you think Khan is just gonna trample over Matt, cuz I just don't see it. I'm not saying that Matt can't be out-boxed. I just think that you're overrating his power/speed. Plus, there are those moments when Khan gets out of his game-plan and starts exchanging. Khan is still vulnerable to left hooks and overhand rights, and Matt loves to throw both.

Comment

Why?, because my opinion differs from yours?. Donīt be a douchebag.

Do you think this is an easy fight for Lucas?, he should take it asap then.
                    A bit odd how telling someone not to be a douchebag is about the quickest way to becoming a douchebag, isn't it?

I think it has more to do with the fact that your opinion is so purely based in fantasy that we'd just assume you were trolling (as mushahadeen does so brilliantly, whether his emulators realize it or not). Had I known you were serious, I would've been a bit more gentle.

Let's put it this way: do you really think Amir Khan, coming off a close loss against Peterson (IMO, Khan won) and a knockout loss against Garcia, should face Lucas Matthysse, a proven power puncher with an equally proven chin? I'll stay neutral on his record, but plenty of NSBers consider him undefeated.

For the record, I was/am a fan of Khan, though the self-righteous Twitter garbage (his initial tweet about Matthysse was disgusting) and scapegoating of Freddie is really pushing me towards the "was" side.

Comment

• I'll be watching this, should be a great matchup

Comment

Working...
                      X